News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Temple of the Winds

Started by Moehr, July 04, 2020, 02:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moehr

New version is up in the front post, I'll link it to the main site as soon as I can access it

Moehr

Ocesse put together a widescreen latch for the new version (thank you so much!)

Linked here:
Temple of the Winds 3.0 widescreen patch

DonnyDonovan

What am I supposed to do in the room called "Soul Anvil?"  I keep dying.

Moehr

What do you have for powerstones, phoenix stones, and other equipment?

The room is technically optional and you can beat the game without having to go into it, if you prefer to try that.

Otherwise:
[spoiler]the tome in the room gives a hint about how you defeat the boss, along with a different tome you have found
[spoiler]they mention shattering orbs, and if you shoot around, you'll eventually find one of the orbs is suspicious
[spoiler]the fastest way to do the room is to drop in from the top, or get to the top as quick as possible, and use a Sun Flare to destroy the correct glass orb, or fire a ton of thunder at it until it breaks, after which, Nebula will be destroyed[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

DarkHiei

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on October 05, 2020, 10:54:37 PM
What am I supposed to do in the room called "Soul Anvil?"  I keep dying.

[spoiler]use phoenix stones on manual mode :D
you need to kill the upper orb in the chozo statue, beware of moving orbs, these seek you and reflect beams and missiles
[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

Thanks.  Coming in from the top makes a big difference.  I had also missed a whole sub-area with several powerups.  This hack is amazingly good in some respects but also frustrating, confusing and weird.  The reviews on the main page nicely and accurately summarize both the pros and cons.

Moehr

Yeah def leave any feedback here or in a review and if you recorded shoot me a video link, I do try to watch any stream of it I get a link to.  I can only hope the pros outweigh the cons at this point, but I am gonna update the manual at some point and might be able to address stuff there.

Munchy

Finally got around to playing this. Really impressive!

Hilights:
[spoiler]
- The Mode 7 scene was absolutely stunning! Didn't expect that!!
- The gigantic spinning boss was very cool (Ket?) as a point, he did seem to get stuck in the left corner of the room?
[/spoiler]

It reminded me a lot of the Shadow of the Beast franchise from the Amiga days with all the riddles and the huge variety of enemies and mini-bosses. Was that what you were going for?  Suffice to say, I love stuff like that so it definitely felt very cool to play something in that style.

Slight bonus: it worked pretty well with Samus Combat Armor so that pleased me :lol:

Moehr

Thanks for playing :D

It was what we were going for, it's not for everyone but I love that stuff as well

LetsPlayNintendoITA

hello guys,
here is my map of the game!
enjoy!
[spoiler][/spoiler]