News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MetConst Team Fortress 2 Party

Started by GF_Kennon, March 04, 2016, 10:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

Hey MetConst.

So this Sunday it happens to be my birthday so woo for being a quarter of a century old. Anyway I thought about hosting a TF2 server on Saturday and Sunday and inviting you guys along to it for some fun for the day, perhaps making this some sort of regular thing if people like it.

So if you are up for some TF2 let me know what days and times you would be up for and I can decide the best time to put a server up for us to all play on.

Technomagus

It's funny, because I recently purchased a copy of Hat Simulator as part of the Orange Box when I did my Portal Let's Play.  I'm up for pretty much whenever, personally.

Also, Happy Cakeday!

Mon732

Probably should have posted this earlier but I will also be joining.
Prepare to be backstabbed for fun!
(Anytime on a weekend is good for me)

GF_Kennon

So far I have a head count of 8 players including 5 friends I have outside of MetConst that wish to join, with you two that brings it up to 8 and I'm hoping for a minimum of 12 at the very least. Also if you don't know for some reason TF2 is a F2P game so not owning the game isnt a good excuse to not joining in a little carnage :P

Server detail wise its likely the server would be called Metroid Construction and the password being "MetConst" you should be able to join via friends or find it in the server browser, ether or works.

And you guys in IRC that were interested, leave a message so I can headcount :P

TheAnonymousUser

The only real issue I have (outside of time to do this), is my net has been taking a crap lately. Hopefully, my net can at least be stable enough for a game or 2...

GF_Kennon

Alright so I'm going to put a server up at 10pm GMT and the server will be up for about an hour depending on how long people stay on for, so hopefully we can see a few people around then :>

Edit: If we had a lot more people I would have tried to come up with some prize for getting a domination on me by the end of the night

Vismund Cygnus

Just so you know, this was really goddamn fun.
But you know what would make it more fun?
MORE PEOPLE
Next time, git awn it and #gitgud scrubz 1v1 me fish only

thedopefish

I got to dominate James for a moment, among some other good kills and a ton of deaths.  And I got to spraypaint dopefishes on the map.  Satisfactory.

A Dummy

Honestly I would join in, but I don't have my own computer that I could use to play TF2.
However I might be able to get my own within 3-4 months depending on how things go in that time.

SpoOkyMagician

I suppose I could join... I have not played it in a while but, it would be fun.

~ SpoOkyMagician

Retroo

This was really fun, i hope this will happen again.

Jordan5

This was really great, I didn't have much time to play so I hope it happens again soon :grin: Also, people should get in mumble next time :^_^:

GF_Kennon

Thanks everyone who turned up, that was probably the best birthday party I have had in a very long time not to mention the most fun in TF2 to date.

This turned out a lot more popular than I thought it would be with plenty of moments to remember, DeGroot keep in particular eh Vismund?
Anyway I'll make an official topic later on today since this becoming a regular thing seemed to be on most peoples minds and I'll try to get everyone else on mumble for the future.