News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

MetConst Weekly Cards Against Humanity

Started by personitis, February 24, 2016, 01:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Two weeks ago, a couple of us came across the thought of playing Cards Against Humanity while on mumble. Turned out that it got some attention and was pretty entertaining so a conclusion of playing weekly was made.

When: We'll try for every Saturday at 2PM EST. What's nice about this is that if you can't make it on time, you can join in mid-game!
Where: This site and in the MetConst mumble. The user/pass it asks creates your account. Room name will always be MetConst and password can either change or I'll just pick something and it can be used constantly. Y'all decide.

The above site offers two ways to score: we can either have one person be the Czar for a round or nobody is the Czar and everyone votes for a round winner. You may also find entertainment in joining the mumble as we have a thing for reading played cards out loud (it may also explain why cards take a bit to get revealed sometimes).

To those who have never played, this spoiler contains a quick run-down of how to play.
[spoiler]
1. Everyone is dealt a hand of white cards (answers).
2. Every round, one black card is drawn (scenario/fill in the blank cards).
3. You choose a white card(s) to compliment the black card. Most of the time this is one white card but can be at most three cards.
4. The Czar (if we play with one) chooses whose answer best fits the black card. If no Czar, everyone votes collectively for the best answer.
5. Whoever has the best answer wins the round and gets a point. Repeat from #2 until someone wins.
[/spoiler]

And a few remaining things:

• If you join, don't hold us up when it comes time to select cards. Time limits could be set but I'd rather not have to set them. Being attentive and keeping things rolling is all I'm asking. If you're going to afk, there's an option next to your name up top (after clicking the dots next to your name) to mark yourself as afk.
  • Finally, a warning that this game contains mature content such as language, dark humor, politically incorrectness, etc. If that's not your thing or you don't fancy others overhearing/seeing you, it may be wise to be discrete or simply not join.

MetroidMst

Ultimate thumb my nose at the mod powers bump! Double slut suck it!!!11!!11!

This is happening in just about 30 minutes, so if you have other plans, they just got canceled for your internet friends.

LReyomeXX

This is also streamed on my Hitbox and Twitch channels, and if you miss a week, it will eventually be up on my YouTube as well. All links are in the signature. That reminds me, I have to go upload the videos from last Saturday's game.........

SacredHooves

Just an update I wanted to share after talking to personitis, the CAH games will have an earlier start time for those who can't stay too long and still want to have fun.  Come join us on the mumble server at 12P EST every Saturday and going until 4/4:30P EST to give the max amount of war on ourselves!