News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Gravity of Super Metroid Redesign ("Redesign 2")

Started by gunnargumpert, January 02, 2010, 05:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunnargumpert

The physics of SM Redesign! (Beta)

watch this, to see, how the gravity in my hack is

the only problem is, the spin jump after horizontal falling is not jet possible!

you can sent me  ideas about the graphics

but, enjoy the video

squishy_ichigo

gunnargumpert: Please read the following thread. 

http://www.metroidconstruction.com/Forum/index.php?topic=63.0

I am pretty sure you don't want the same kind of prejudice talk directed at you, and I hope people don't spiral out of control like they did in that other topic.  I bring this up because Drewseph worked very hard on Redesign and had asked people not to use his stuff. Period.

I don't know if he still holds that same position or not, you'd have to talk to him yourself to find out.  I hope very much so that you do, and that everything works out.  Ripping Redesign physics isn't a daunting task, but it is no small feat either.  I hope you get a good reply.

I was unable to find his email, but he has a youtube account, so I'd ask him from there. http://www.youtube.com/user/Drewseph0011

If everything goes well I look forward to you in the future. Don't be afraid to ask for help.  Somethings are alittle harder to do then others and not everyone knows how to do those things. You just gotta know the right questions to ask. :P

gunnargumpert

i asked him on youtube days ago! he can´t help me, because the codes were not his work!

only the 3 bomb timer is directly stolen! p.s.: it was a hard work to find the codes, so don´t try to stop me!

AND: if i´ll make an official hack, i´ll call the names of the programmers and the leader, drewseph!

RealRed

I don't think Redesign 2 would be a ripoff of SM:Redesign, it'd be a second complete rework of Super Metroid in the creators eyes. Regardless, I'm not here to tell anyone what they're allowed to hack. I'll simply state that if Drewseph does not wish for these projects to carry on publically, I can and will lock any and all of your Redesign 2 topics since everything you've shown is his teams work, not yours.

gunnargumpert

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: gunnargumpert on January 02, 2010, 10:24:17 AM
only the 3 bomb timer is directly stolen! p.s.: it was a hard work to find the codes, so don´t try to stop me!
^ See those bold statements you made? Yeah, I made them bolder.

Man, you're on thin ice. Oh screw-attack it, this is a Metroid Hacking forum, let me restate that:
Man, you're on crumble blocks with spikes and acid underneath. And you don't even have a tank.

Look, I'll leave the beheading to Drewseph if he feels like it, and the lock and toss to Bloodsonic if need be.

But seriously, you know what I'd like to see in one of your posts? Some original content.
Let's see a room you made, let's see some new physics in action at the very least.

gunnargumpert

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on January 02, 2010, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: gunnargumpert on January 02, 2010, 10:24:17 AM
^ See those bold statements you made? Yeah, I made them bolder.

Man, you're on thin ice. Oh screw-attack it, this is a Metroid Hacking forum, let me restate that:
Man, you're on crumble blocks with spikes and acid underneath. And you don't even have a tank.

Look, I'll leave the beheading to Drewseph if he feels like it, and the lock and toss to Bloodsonic if need be.

But seriously, you know what I'd like to see in one of your posts? Some original content.
Let's see a room you made, let's see some new physics in action at the very least.

o told him about it, he didn´t complain! so i´ll blast your crumple block away!

oh ps: i´m about to make new rooms!

DSO

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on January 02, 2010, 11:56:51 AM
Don't care what Drew already said murder death lynching is imminent Redesign is holy

He asked, Drewseph said it's up to the people who programmed it, Kejardon has said if you're skilled enough to rip it from Redesign then he didn't have a problem. Nowhere from that do you get the right to threaten him. Getting the code done first before starting on any level designing is the smart thing to do when hacking, I'd consider getting all the physics code I'm going to use into my hack a much larger boost to the progress meter than making 10 rooms. I had no complaint about the lack of new level design when Insom showed off his new HUD. I have no complaint here either, nor a basis to make one.

squishy_ichigo

I agree fully with DSO.

Lets try to not start a flame war kiddies. ^_^;

Lunaria

Though, physics is not very fun content to watch, nor is it easy to comment it when there is no new level design! (Unless it's a hack with some new physics and stuff but same level design.) :<

Also, Redesign 2 is a lame name IMO.
Try thinking up another one, that's what I say!

Silver Skree

I'll echo that I'm not too keen on the idea of a "Redesign 2" by someone other than Drewseph. Just like I wouldn't be too keen on, say, a "Pantheon 2" or "Ice Metal 2" by someone other that squishy or Crys, respectively. I'll wait and see how it comes out though.

Also, you may want to adjust your attitude toward the members of this forum. So far, your responsive posts seem rather obnoxious and hostile. That's not a good way to come off, especially since you've been allowed to use the work from something like Redesign and not gotten totally flamed for it yet.
Quote from: gunnargumpert on January 02, 2010, 10:24:17 AM. . . don´t try to stop me!
Quote from: Bloodsonic on January 02, 2010, 11:36:08 AM. . . I can and will lock any and all of your Redesign 2 topics since everything you've shown is his teams work, not yours.
Quote from: gunnargumpert on January 02, 2010, 11:56:08 AM. . . stop telling storys!

I'd put that hot head on ice for a while there, if I were you.

Zhs2

I'll get this one, guys. No locking for Bloods today. >:O

What DSO said is true. Sure, we have no real idea what kind of standing Drewseph or Kejardon or others of the Redesign team have on one guy taking Redesign's code and using it for his own evil purposes (although from what I've seen of Drewseph's one-man comments, he might take this pretty negatively.) Either way, coding is as much progress as level design.

DMantra's claim isn't a long shot in the dark either, though. Where's the new content? We've seen this all before. Sure, it's nice and all that you've managed to rip code from Redesign and all, and maybe even get it to work in your own hack. Good for you, you've got guts and you have a drive for success. Don't be surprised if everyone hates you for just blatantly ripping off other people's work, though. (Calm down, DMan. It's just a n00b. =_=)

However, I must add that we do have a rule regarding content specifically like this on the board itself, and it reads thus:
Quote7. No Plagiarism - This is a big one. We do not tolerate claiming one another's work as their own - be it a hack, patch, tileset, wallpaper, etcetera. If a claim of said crime comes up, we will investigate the matter as much as we possibly can and rule as thus. Violators should assume that they will receive some of the heaviest punishments available if they commit plagiarism in any form.

Since you're obviously insistent on stealing from Redesign's work, and we're obviously moving into the realm of pointless arguing over whether or not you really had permission to do this, I've no choice but to lock your topic. For your common insubordination, You are being publically warned, gunnargumpert -- shape up, stop talking back to the mods, and try to make your own stuff for once. Nobody likes a thief, especially not one who can't even listen to common reason. I can only hope you'll actually straighten out, because I won't hesitate to throw you out if the time comes.

squishy_ichigo

I asked Zeke to unlock this so I coud say this:
This matter is being looked into, I have contacted Drewseph about it. I really hope gunnargumpert is telling the truth, otherwise action might have to be taken.

Also:
QuoteI hope people don't spiral out of control like they did in that other topic.
Nice job kiddies. :/

EDIT:
He replied to me three times before I noticed.
These are what they said:
THanks for letting me know. I am not a member of that board, btu I never gave permission for anyone to use redesigns code. I was asked at one point a long time ago, and simply said I will not supply any original code.

that said, I don't like this guy
---
Sorry for the brief response, in any case directly stealing everything about redesign is unavoidable, but I would be more happy to see ORIGINAL codes being done to increase gameplay mechanics. I feel that this guy is just craving attention and thinks that simply taking code will make a good hack, when it simply will not.

I hope he removes all those taken from redesign.
---
You know, on second reading I just realized he's calling his hack Redesign 2???

wtf!?! I don't want to be associated with this at all

And with that, the ball is in your corner Admins.