News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

SUPER METROID: KITKAT

Started by Reaper901, December 27, 2009, 05:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper901

just posting here what i've already posted on m2k2:

well heres basically what i plan to do:

i plan to make this hack fun, and not to challenging to give regular
sm players a break from frantically tapping there keyboards to pull off hard tricks, however enemies will get progressively harder as the hack goes along
so good exploration will be required to find the upgrades you need to eliminate them

perks:

a great deal of gfx work from scratch,
new item requirements,
mass exploration and non linearity,
rooms expanded be at least twice there original size, where applicable,
pallets adjusted to completely new combinations,
every option in smile used to great extent to give more originality to different factors,
item placement will be clever but not stupid,
enemys will be strategically placed but not annoyying,
gameplay will contain puzzles and a great deal of hard tricks will be required to obtain bonus items, which properties are hidden until you experiment,
bosses will be made more challengeing,
many other small features....

so get ready to have a break, have a sm kitkat!, pics will be posted soon, also for anyone that might be interested in smx, as of now its on hold but after this hack has been finished work will resume!Very Happy

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zhs2

You better start using 'too' instead of 'to'. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to break a piece off of you with this here tire iron. :fukken:

On the subject of the screenshots, it looks pretty redundant (lol pun.) I like the palette on Samus but everything else is just ugly. Where's those new gfx you just promised us?! :FURY:

RealRed

Lol, 2 screens of the same thing. Well it does sound like fun. A break from some of the precision crap would be pretty nice.

Lunaria

Is it just me or is mentioning metconst in every post I make on m2k2 work? :<

Also, you know what I think of those screens already. :P

Reaper901

Quote from: Zhs2 on December 27, 2009, 06:14:34 PM
You better start using 'too' instead of 'to'. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to break a piece off of you with this here tire iron. :fukken:

On the subject of the screenshots, it looks pretty redundant (lol pun.) I like the palette on Samus but everything else is just ugly. Where's those new gfx you just promised us?! :FURY:

ok, you have your own opinion and you are entitled to it, i have recantly been doing extensive work on the pirates for my other hack, smx, and the door gfx are changed, after all i only started this yeserday :eyeroll:, as for the area pallet all pallets are undergoing a rehaul so i hope that you master zhs2, will aprove in the future.

personitis

I was freaking out there for a second, cause that Crateria palette is almost the same as the one I'm using atm. It's just a little lighter. =) Anyway, I suppose something easy going would be nice, aside from the original SM.

Reaper901

my thoughts exactly, well as i've said im changing the pallets so no worries.  :yay: