News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Editing the enemies HP

Started by Dark-SA-X, December 23, 2015, 04:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark-SA-X

http://jathys.zophar.net/files/sabs.zip
As the title states, sabs use to be able to do this properly back in the day.
Now that smile is updated editing through sabs isn't accurate and causes issues.
Are there any tools that can do edit the enemies hp, I don't know if the current smile can do this as I didn't see an option for it.

personitis

Enemy HP is located in the enemy editor accessed by right clicking on an enemy. The values are in hexadecimal.

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: personitis on December 23, 2015, 04:10:45 PM
Enemy HP is located in the enemy editor accessed by right clicking on an enemy. The values are in hexadecimal.

Ok then thanks for the info, it reminds me of jathys old smile editor haven't touched smile since 08.
About the dameges for the enemie "0028" is minimal right, but if I set it to 0200, will it endure more hits from samus or die quickly ?

That has me kind of stumped also for the palette of the enemies where would I go to see it visually and manually change them ?

Quietus

The values are in hexadecimal, so they count like so: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, etc.

You mentioned 0028 in hex, which is 40HP. Changing it to 200 in hex would increase it to 512HP - nearly 13 times higher, so yeah, they'd take a looot more damage. :^_^:

An easy way to do conversions is to use the calculator in Windows. Open it, change its view to Scientific or Programmer (depends on your Windows version). You can then select Dec(imal), enter the value you want them to actually have, then click Hex(adecimal), and it'll display the value you need to enter in SMILE.

For enemy palettes, check the Documents section. :^_^:

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Quietus on December 23, 2015, 09:35:34 PM
The values are in hexadecimal, so they count like so: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C, D, E, F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 20, etc.

You mentioned 0028 in hex, which is 40HP. Changing it to 200 in hex would increase it to 512HP - nearly 13 times higher, so yeah, they'd take a looot more damage. :^_^:

I see I found out the hard way last night, while tinkering with it, but yeah its exactly what I needed for a small project.
I always thought the enemies were to easy in metroid 3, so why not give beef them up and have a real good fight.  :twisted:

Thanks you 2 for the information.

Dark-SA-X

Have an issue with smile, I am trying to edit the palette but upon saving the palette I ran into a error.
Never mind I had to use jathys old build to do palette editing, but 2.80x has run time error 55.

Dark-SA-X

Having a issue with room 79D1D, everytime I come through the door to this level.
Samus falls through the ground and powerbomb icons and missles show up and crashes ??
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k481/MaikuGekidouken/Metroid3HardMode_00001_zpssd4yd6h4.png

I need that room, the only thing I changed was green locked door to a red one.
I wanted to move the charge beam and super missles to another area where players won't get access to them until kraid area is defeated.

Vismund Cygnus

Looks like you've overwritten some data there. You haven't repointed any level data, or accidentally overwritten it anywhere in the general vicinity?
Likewise for background data, you haven't edited a background in another room and overwritten the data for the background in that one?

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on January 04, 2016, 06:05:05 AM
Looks like you've overwritten some data there. You haven't repointed any level data, or accidentally overwritten it anywhere in the general vicinity?
Likewise for background data, you haven't edited a background in another room and overwritten the data for the background in that one?

I probably did overwrite some other data that belongs to another room I remember the editor mentioning something about it late friday night.
Editing the BG data I don't think so, I haven't even began to figure that out yet.
If you like I'll let you check it and see, if its not recoverable, I'll use a backup rom and avoid touching whatever rooms made it crash.

I went back to a backup, thanks for your help.