News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Help

Started by SMXM, December 26, 2015, 04:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMXM

Hi,I'm new here and I've always wanted to make a SM hack.So I hope someone can help especially with SMILE.

Mettyk25jigsaw

One good idea is to go to the main site tab at top of home page and then click on docs section on top of that page...There is a lot of useful documents there with tutorials for specific things, it's really quite handy. There is also some videos on another tab of main page, this is very good too...
   Also I suggest just grabbing a rom from a site somewhere, open it up with smile and just fiddle around with it and see what happens with any of the gadgets inside smile before you start an actual project and when you get enough knowledge from doing both of my suggestions, think about doing a project then. One really needs to understand how to use the program to a certain degree before one starts his or her first project...it may be mind boggling at first, but if you stick to it, it gets more user friendly and easier to use as you get the idea after a while...
  Also the rom you need must be Japanese and have a name saying 'Super Metroid {JU} [!]'  (Just in Case you didn't know)

EDIT: PS: It would also be a good idea to learn hexadecimal first if you haven't already, because the program uses hexadecimal not decimal as good as it would be if it did...

I wish you the best of luck with your project and merry Christmas for yesterday and a happy new year... :^_^: