News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Cave Lyra+

Started by Steel Sparkle, January 04, 2016, 06:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Sparkle

Hay guys it's my first ever mod. This one is for Cave Story+. Another great metroidvania out there that has a lot of mods for it's original counterpart Cave Story. Anyways after a surprising amount of work (mainly replacing most of the soundtrack) i have created my first ever mod. I can't believe it took so long xD
If you guys end up grabbing this please enjoy :3

Version 1.5 is out https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgwfvajq4edosqh/Cave%20Lyra%2B%201.5.zip?dl=0

Changes include
*Song volume tweaked
*all bugs ironed out. Assembly hall can be entered.(thank you doors)
*More dialogue tweaks
*easter eggs added

And here is a video instead of pics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMBaM5P_2_E

It appears Imgur links won't work for some reason so i had to remove the pics part.

A Dummy

Oh cool!  I saw this on EQD, but it didn't know it was by you until I saw it here.  Always cool to see something made by one of our resident metroid community members.

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: A Dummy on January 06, 2016, 02:33:01 PM
Oh cool!  I saw this on EQD, but it didn't know it was by you until I saw it here.  Always cool to see something made by one of our resident metroid community members.
Thanks. I came out with one more version. You may want to get it.

ommadawnyawn

Are the levels/world the same? Been a while since I played CS.

How moddable is the game without ASM knowledge?

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: ommadawnyawn on January 29, 2016, 08:18:13 PM
Are the levels/world the same? Been a while since I played CS.

How moddable is the game without ASM knowledge?

Since it is Cave Story+ i don't think the levels can be changed. I think only Cave Story can be level hacked. The sprite is changed and it has almost an entirely original OST when you set the soundtrack to NEW.

Anyways it's not hard to hack honestly. You can search up Cave Story Tribute site/Forums to learn more.