News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Working on action adventure game

Started by Damski, November 30, 2015, 09:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damski

Two new monster test prototype... The green alien bat move in path circle and shoot fire balls at you when u come near him... The spike ball monster is still work in progress..

Damski

We are in  very early phase of developing this games... Mostly planning stuff and sketching... So I think we should skip these part to showing here in this thread. Its better if we only post game footages.. when we have proper gameplay to show..

Quietus

That flying enemy makes me think of an airborne Deku Scrub. :grin:

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on January 25, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
That flying enemy makes me think of an airborne Deku Scrub. :grin:

I drew  it randomly... For  testing  the enemy that we have designed in our game... So the design might change in future.... For me personally... It remind me of Megaman bat.. even  thought I didn't take any inspiration from it....   :^_^:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/1/15/BattonM501.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080721005617

Damski

What kinda of record software I should use to capture videos from a game? It has been many years since I edited a video..

Damski

Damski

Changed the art style little bit.. Most of them are animated..

SpoOkyMagician

:grin: Man, those look great. I wish I had your skills at pixel art. :neutral: Excellent job though. Keep up the great work.

~ SpoOkyMagician

Damski

Quote from: SpoOkyMagician on February 01, 2016, 02:25:27 PM
:grin: Man, those look great. I wish I had your skills at pixel art. :neutral: Excellent job though. Keep up the great work.

~ SpoOkyMagician

Ty! Bro if u really want my skill at pixel art.. Then I would just say practise.. Not tutorial practise.. Just draw everything you like and after time you art  constantly evolves.. Even if they look crap just keep drawing..

Crashtour99

Quietus

Hey! Think of me too - I have a basset hound. :grin:

Damski

Centipede Prototype.. The animation is fucked up but I made it for just testing in game..

]

Quietus

I think you'd be better off having its three central segments the same (round with smaller spikes), and the last with longer, more upright spikes.

Mayo-chan

What does the protagonist look like in this game? Do you have the basic outline of a plot or setting yet?

Damski

Quote from: Mayo-chan on February 05, 2016, 07:49:47 AM
What does the protagonist look like in this game? Do you have the basic outline of a plot or setting yet?

Whe havent created protagonist  yet. He was supposed to be male Humanoid and his mission was to rescue important scientist along with his brother that were trapped in a small planet..... Nobody knows what happened for them... . Sounds very typical and Alienish..  Second idea was a prison... The protagonist was very dangerous criminal and  He was send the very   distant planet in deep underground prison which was completely new prison for very bad criminals only  and  Goverment,, army  didint know the potential dangers of the planet creatures... So the creature start  to attacks in the prison and you have change to escape along with other prisoners but its not easy task..  The dangerous environmental hazard , the creatures and security guards that are still alive and bad prisoners are on your way..

These are just ideas..  Not final things and my english is bad  :neutral:

Damski

]

Update.. Better?

SlyPork

I personally like the sprite of the second one better but I like the animation for the first one more. The second seems kinda unatural, looks like all the legs are moving forward and backwards at the same time as if it's throwing itself forward. The first one is my preferred because it looks kinda mechanical and kinda natural at the same time with one set of legs moving forward while one set is moving backwards. If you're wanting it to mimic a centipede though, you would probably have to make the front legs move first, followed by the second, then third, and finally the fourth segment. Regardless, both look great and your work is still awesome. Keep it up!  :^_^:

Damski

Quote from: SlyPork on February 07, 2016, 01:12:57 PM
I personally like the sprite of the second one better but I like the animation for the first one more. The second seems kinda unatural, looks like all the legs are moving forward and backwards at the same time as if it's throwing itself forward. The first one is my preferred because it looks kinda mechanical and kinda natural at the same time with one set of legs moving forward while one set is moving backwards. If you're wanting it to mimic a centipede though, you would probably have to make the front legs move first, followed by the second, then third, and finally the fourth segment. Regardless, both look great and your work is still awesome. Keep it up!  :^_^:

Like for this example?

SlyPork

Kinda hard to tell without the back legs, but it looks like it's on the right track to what I was imagining  :^_^:

Damski

Improved the Swamp graphic.. Tried to match 16-bit style..

Vismund Cygnus

These are absolutely gorgeous. I've not chimed in a bunch here, but I'd like to say that I wish I had 1/100th the artistic talent you've got. Everything you're posting here looks fantastic, please keep keeping us updated on this.  :^_^:

Damski

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on February 15, 2016, 08:45:04 PM
These are absolutely gorgeous. I've not chimed in a bunch here, but I'd like to say that I wish I had 1/100th the artistic talent you've got. Everything you're posting here looks fantastic, please keep keeping us updated on this.  :^_^:

Ty :) Holy crap Sometimes I DONT even know how messy my work are... when I work like a blind man..

Clean versio.

snarfblam

I thought your original graphics were outstanding, and then you went ahead and came up with something twice as sexy. My one constructive thought is that the old and the new graphics don't necessarily need to be mutually exclusive. I would think the old graphics could be used in some sort of transitional or less swampy sections, and the new graphics in areas that are more overgrown or watery.