News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Working on action adventure game

Started by Damski, November 30, 2015, 09:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Another possibility would be to add rain, which would explain the surface's movement.

snarfblam

Quote from: Quietus on December 11, 2015, 04:28:43 AM
I think the purple is fine, but the animation looks very busy.

In that screenshot, yes. But the image seems incomplete. I'd imagine the final product will include some sort of background and obviously a lot more going on than just an island. It might blend in much better later. Probably too early to worry about fine-tuning it.

Because I haven't chimed in yet, these graphics look fucking amazing so far Damski.

Damski

Quote from: snarfblam on December 11, 2015, 05:27:01 PM
Quote from: Quietus on December 11, 2015, 04:28:43 AM
I think the purple is fine, but the animation looks very busy.

In that screenshot, yes. But the image seems incomplete. I'd imagine the final product will include some sort of background and obviously a lot more going on than just an island. It might blend in much better later. Probably too early to worry about fine-tuning it.  We may create outside swamp in future..

Because I haven't chimed in yet, these graphics look fucking amazing so far Damski.

:yay: Actually its not island.. Its very deep down location in ground... You can found this huge swamp place from  suspicion-looking wall... The small tunnel takes u in to big alien swamp area.. We may create outside swamp in future..

Ty bro!  Its pretty incomplete.. We are adding a lot of different tiles variation... Blocks, Background, alien flowers,, tile angles and some statues are missing too.. We are planning to add waterfalls middle of swamp dungeon..  We are planning make long water Slide that that will take your character into a large open area where there are many waterfalls flowing from statues... In down of waterfall there are tons of alien fish trying to eats you.. This is just one map idea. We are also planning add items and monster that u can help... all over the world maps.. So they arent empty rooms with just monster..

If u shoot monster with normal weapons you can rip is  organs parts when his damage get lower..

Quote from: Quietus on December 11, 2015, 04:57:14 AM
Another possibility would be to add rain, which would explain the surface's movement.

Im planning to add waterfalls... Would that be fine for busy looking water?

Quietus

It would probably be fine, but would likely push you more toward having a variety of animations, so that you could have the water very disturbed near the waterfall, then less a bit farther out, then almost still as you get even further away.

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on December 12, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
It would probably be fine, but would likely push you more toward having a variety of animations, so that you could have the water very disturbed near the waterfall, then less a bit farther out, then almost still as you get even further away.

You are so damn helpful! Good information.. Im very amateurish when its comes to water..  :heheh:

Is brighter poison water more fitting?

Quietus

I'm tempted to say have a mix. Having the greater transparency near the surface allows the player to still enjoy the graphics, while having more purple lower down offers the appearance of the water blending into the foreground, which could help add depth to the world.

MetroidMst

This stuff looks amazing, and even has bubbles! Darker liquid the farther down it is the best thing, as light is going to be lesser down there. (Could also pave the way for underwater stuff guided by plantlife with glowy bits on them.)

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on December 12, 2015, 07:33:37 PM
I'm tempted to say have a mix. Having the greater transparency near the surface allows the player to still enjoy the graphics, while having more purple lower down offers the appearance of the water blending into the foreground, which could help add depth to the world.

That would be definitely be great.. Quietus  you are my sensei now  :^_^:

Quote from: MetroidMst on December 12, 2015, 10:37:07 PM
This stuff looks amazing, and even has bubbles! Darker liquid the farther down it is the best thing, as light is going to be lesser down there. (Could also pave the way for underwater stuff guided by plantlife with glowy bits on them.)

Woah that is great idea! I actually made yesterday some plants and they are very fitting for glowing plants theme..   

Here is the bulb animation..  Should I slower the glowing little bit?

Quietus

I think the glowing looks fine, though you should certainly lower the rate at which the pulses cycle. I'd probably guess that even 20% of its current rate would look like a more naturally pulsing light. At the moment, it looks like 'alarm flower'. :grin:

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on December 13, 2015, 10:38:24 AM
I think the glowing looks fine, though you should certainly lower the rate at which the pulses cycle. I'd probably guess that even 20% of its current rate would look like a more naturally pulsing light. At the moment, it looks like 'alarm flower'. :grin:

Yeah that what I meant sorry my bad english.. :D  Alarm flower happens when the planet is gonna blow up..  They start to panic lol..

Quietus

Quote from: Damski on December 13, 2015, 10:41:31 AMAlarm flower happens when the planet is gonna blow up..  They start to panic lol..
And the tiles all change to match Red Crateria. :^_^:

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on December 13, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
Quote from: Damski on December 13, 2015, 10:41:31 AMAlarm flower happens when the planet is gonna blow up..  They start to panic lol..
And the tiles all change to match Red Crateria. :^_^:

The unused one! :D

Damski

Sorry for not posting anything here.. I lost 2 day ago my 18 years old cat and its been little bit hard for me..

Quietus

No problem. It always sucks big time losing a pet. It makes me insta-rage when you get ignorant people saying things like "it's just a dog / cat". :FURY:

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on December 24, 2015, 09:08:50 PM
No problem. It always sucks big time losing a pet. It makes me insta-rage when you get ignorant people saying things like "it's just a dog / cat". :FURY:

Its suck very bad. It felt like important a family member died and People who say like its just e "it's just a dog / cat"  have not experience anything like this.  They are very ignorant.

Damski

Working on plant monster that  swing  his thorn plant tongue as obstacle .when u come near him..   My brother are working on  controls while im doing monster and graphic...

Wip animation.

opens mouth...Wip

Swinging animation Wip... The thorn  are missing here.

Quietus

I'm thinking that it may be a nice touch to try and have some saliva strung between the teeth on either side of the mouth as it opens (which then separates), but I think this may be fiddly, and may detract from the existing detail.

Also, the whipping animation looks OK, though it seems to be snapping back to the left a bit.

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on December 30, 2015, 05:11:50 AM
I'm thinking that it may be a nice touch to try and have some saliva strung between the teeth on either side of the mouth as it opens (which then separates), but I think this may be fiddly, and may detract from the existing detail.

Great idea!

Also, the whipping animation looks OK, though it seems to be snapping back to the left a bit.

I agree

Some ideas...

1..We are planning to create  shrinking mechanic so you can go Inside Death monster or Ill monster that has corrupted the environment..... When u go inside them its like a dungeon... The shrinking  mechanics arent not replacement  of Morph ball..

Damski

We are using Super metroid Sprites temporarily and we managed create same kind physic of Super metroid mixed with Fusion etc.. Not going be in final game..  Just for testing collision and platforms.. Learning physic..,, etc..  Its also easier to test level design with metroid physics and sprites..

Im also trying to create new ideas.. I dont want to create 100% Metroid clone.. 

Here is new idea.. What if u can feed monster via monster  organs and plants?? Feeding monster allows you change behavior of some monster.. Lets say there are smalls flying animals that are harmless... These animals  fly all over to place....Lets say the area  is very high and you need some High jump like physic to occurs in platforms... If u start to feed these small flying animal.. The flying creature start flying toward you and when there are bunch of them attached to your character... You gain Very high floaty jumps... If there are just few of them you gain lower physics...etc. This just one idea of many..

Quietus

Sounds like it could work, though you'd need to have some way for the player to distinguish which enemies can be used in these ways. Perhaps all enemies of a similar colour do a similar thing - red = high jump, blue = run faster, green = powerful shots, etc.

Damski

Quietus

You could also have an enemy that does the opposite, and shrinks out of your way so you can pass. :^_^:

Damski

Quote from: Quietus on January 04, 2016, 08:34:48 PM
You could also have an enemy that does the opposite, and shrinks out of your way so you can pass. :^_^:

That would be great! It would also nice if you can go inside of  death or Ill enemy when you are shrink.....  When u are inside of monster.. The shrink perspective would be like Mario@Luigi rpg  when you are inside of browser...

:) Yeah there is tons of great possibilities with this concept... Just need figure out how to balance it  properly and make it work.

I just hope people would like this concept..

SlyPork

Been wanting to say this for awhile, but I absolutely love everything about this project, anything from the art style (I remember seeing your awesome art quite awhile ago with the "Meta Ridley" and cave/crystal styled art) to the little details like creatures effecting other creatures' population to the artifacts and all the way up to the overall theme of the game  :^_^:

It's everything I've ever wanted in a metroidvania and I am thoroughly and exponentially excited to see this come to fruition  :^_^:

Keep up the good work!

Damski

Quote from: SlyPork on January 17, 2016, 03:14:44 AM
Been wanting to say this for awhile, but I absolutely love everything about this project, anything from the art style (I remember seeing your awesome art quite awhile ago with the "Meta Ridley" and cave/crystal styled art) to the little details like creatures effecting other creatures' population to the artifacts and all the way up to the overall theme of the game  :^_^:

It's everything I've ever wanted in a metroidvania and I am thoroughly and exponentially excited to see this come to fruition  :^_^:

Keep up the good work!

Thank u ! I really  appreciate  that..!

Huh I have been  designed Tons of Different room  sketches for Swamp areas and We have created rooms with mind of the power ups that you need to use.  The linear path of the boss route is  mostly done.. Now we need fill Swamp with different  routes  where you can find all kinda of filler stuff and routes that leads you in old and new map... Of course  We need create these maps in tile editor and test and polish them...

Super metroid maps are mostly empty rooms filled with monster.. Usually they have Water or Lava obstacles.. I was thinking putting more platform stuff in  some of our rooms.. No too much and not too frustrating platforms... ..