News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Team Fortress 2 nights with MetConst

Started by GF_Kennon, March 06, 2016, 12:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

Hello and welcome to the official Team Fortress 2 nights topic!

Team Fortress 2 is a F2P FPS available on Steam, all you require to join in is a steam account and the game downloaded so if you are looking for something new to try this could be it. Feel free to add me on Steam as its easier to get into the server via joining through a friend than looking in the server browser, and if you want to join me in a game sometime during the week thats fine too. :P

Detail wise the server is called "Metroid Construction" and the password being "MetConst", official start time is Saturday at 10pm GMT but the server is up at 9:30pm GMT for warm ups while we wait for players to arrive. (Conga around 2Fort anyone?)

If you are new to TF2 or a returning player after a long hiatus (or just want to learn how to improve) I really recommend the TF2 Wiki, especially all the community guides on the different weapons available to the classes and figuring out which class works best for you.

Lastly while most stock weapons are in most cases the best and everything else is a side grade, some of you may be wanting to try out some of the side grades or if you are brand new, lacking all the gear for Medieval mode, in this case leave a post here with what weapons you want and I'll give them to you for free, all I ask is that you join in the fun! (And no, this does not mean you get to ask for a Strange Unusual Golden Frying Pan with 50 different Halloween spells that shoots fire at every player in a 10 foot area when you try to make bacon, unique quality only peeps.)

Game mode wise there is a few, Medieval mode is melee weapons only, no guns allowed. (there are exceptions to this rule, like sniper with a bow or medic with the crossbow), Payload is where blu must push a bomb into reds base, red must stop blu at all costs, attack/defend is like payload except blu must capture reds points and red must stop blu from capturing, King of the Hill is where blu and red must fight over a point and hold it till the timer runs out, and finally Capture the Flag (well, intelligence) in which blu and red must attempt to steal each others intelligence with the first team to capture it 3 times winning. There are more game modes but these will be the most common.

Unless we have a game where two team captains pick their own teams the teams get scrambled after every game (or if its something attack/defend, after each team has had a chance to attack/defend)

Feel free to discuss which maps you like and don't like below, any questions regarding the classes or weapons they might have or anything TF2 in general, I need to build a decent map rotation anyway and having your guys opinions on different maps helps.

Vismund Cygnus

You know I won't be missing out on Medieval for anything.
Except sleep

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

GF_Kennon

So things happened.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Plenty of laughs were had tonight, and we now have a room on Mumble just for TF2, thanks for all the games guys, hopefully we can get more for next weekend!

Edit: Bad dragon, spoiler that shit! :P -Mon732

Mon732

Another fun night.
I also remembered to take some screenshots near the end, check them out here.

Secret Agent Klunk

For anyone using Eastern Standard time, the Metconst TF2 night starts at 6:00 pm EST

snarfblam

What about Easter...n Daylight Time?