News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Glitches

Started by Quiddity, May 03, 2015, 11:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quiddity

I have tried to play numerous Super Metroid hacks, but they all tend to crash very quickly, usually at the very start of the game (during the cutscenes in space the screen goes black and nothing happens). This has happened to me in Metroid Dependence, Stardust, Legacy and others. Metroid Search for Items I am able to get to Ridley in the Ceres station but he doesn't move (other than his tail).

Has anyone run into this problem before? This has happened both in ZNES and SNES9X. Windows is my operating system. I use Lunar IPS to apply the patches. I'd love to play some of these hacks but alas these glitches keep happening! :(

Grimlock

Maybe you need an unheadered ROM.  OR, you just have a strait up incompatible ROM.  There is an app that can remove the header, unfortunately I can only tell you that much.  Search around and I'm sure you'll find it.

GF_Kennon

You need a "Super Metroid (JU) [!].smc" ROM, and it should be 3,145,728 bytes big, if its 512 bytes bigger its got a header which needs to go. Do you possibly have an EU version?

master86

or try this rom Super Metroid (JU) (M2) [!] is the same as "Super Metroid (JU) [!].smc"

MetroidSFusion

Quote from: Quiddity on May 03, 2015, 11:01:08 AM
I have tried to play numerous Super Metroid hacks, but they all tend to crash very quickly, usually at the very start of the game (during the cutscenes in space the screen goes black and nothing happens). This has happened to me in Metroid Dependence, Stardust, Legacy and others. Metroid Search for Items I am able to get to Ridley in the Ceres station but he doesn't move (other than his tail).

Has anyone run into this problem before? This has happened both in ZNES and SNES9X. Windows is my operating system. I use Lunar IPS to apply the patches. I'd love to play some of these hacks but alas these glitches keep happening! :(
You need to get SMILE. It has an option that allows you to create a headered ROM and after you get a headered ROM apply the hack you want with LunarIPS. On the Metroid Construction hacks site, you're told whether you need a unheadered or headered ROM. so get a clean ROM, make a backup copy, change to headered or unheadered (depending on hack), apply hack with LunarIPS. Follow these steps and your game should not crash. If it does then try re-applying that hack to a clean ROM.