News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Is Metroid Prime an X parasite? (WARNING: Metroid Prime spoilers ahead!)

Started by PKstarship, August 30, 2015, 01:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKstarship

Lately, I've been playing Metroid Fusion, and came to a realization about the Metroid Prime. Spoilers are ahead, if you for some reason haven't finished Metroid Prime, I highly recommend you finish it as it is an amazing game. Anyways, on with the theory.

[spoiler] When any boss in Metroid Fusion is defeated, it turns into a Core-X that further guards the upgrade from Samus, and it looks like this:

And when you defeat Metroid Prime, it turns into something very similar in appearance to the Core-X.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=azVEVM37b9E
At the beginning of the video, you see Metroid Prime trying to grab Samus, but it only succeeds in yanking her Phazon Suit off, and in the best ending you catch a glimpse of Dark Samus emerging from what looks like the remains of the Core-X. Is it possible that Metroid Prime was a normal Metroid, infected by an X-parasite, and that Dark Samus is essentially the same as the SA-X? I believe that Metroid Fusion and Metroid Prime were released on the same day, perhaps Nintendo put this in so that fans would possibly come to this conclusion?
[/spoiler]
That is my thoery, I am interested in hearing other people's opinions on it as well :^_^:

Zhs2

I don't know why I spent my time reading this at leisure during one of my days, but no. Metroid Prime is just one eternally pissed off and vengeful Metroid. Plus, he can't randomly assume any shape he wants and isn't living off of borrowed intelligence.

Lunaria

Oh man, that's some really thought out shit!
Here's my opinion on it:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

personitis

I think that's a really interesting correlation, but if it weren't for logs stating that Metroid Prime is a Metroid, I would further your thoughts with the fact that Metroids were created to combat X-Parasites as a predator. Through consuming/absorbing Phazon, it'd be fun to assume that it triggered and mutated any DNA that prevented the Metroid from being taken over after consuming a parasite, and made such strands dominant in a way that said Metroid could turn into some form of X-Parasite.