News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

A.N.T.I. Contest Voting and Reviews

Started by Vismund Cygnus, November 02, 2015, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

Or, we could just not dispute about results already past and done which change nothing.

The closure of this contest has brought a few personal thoughts to mind about my perception of hacking Super Metroid, but it could very well be due to a burn out for the time being (which seems to happen extremely easily when it comes to this stuff for me). I'd definitely enjoy creating/hosting another contest, albeit no time soon; I feel that the time allotted was really comfy and flexible and I've gained a bit of perspective on what some of the rules did versus what I had expected them to do. I dove into this idea thinking it'd produce some quality work and I can't say I was disappointed.

All in all, good stuff all around to the entrants and even to those who started projects. Hopefully for those people, we will get to see what you were working on down the line. Though, don't let that be an excuse for features and time to grow on the project! Of course, there was some roughness around the edges, but it seems that will be a beast which comes with these contest hacks. To greater future endeavors! :grin:

Lenophis

I did have fun with the entries, even if some of them didn't last for very long. Mad props to everyone for wracking your collective brains. :bounce: