News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

I love modded Wiis

Started by Meeptroid, September 23, 2015, 09:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeptroid

Modded Wiis are the best, allowing you to get emulators for it (Although, with FCE Ultra I haven't been able to get FDS working  :mad:), you can get Project M, an excellent Super Smash Bros Brawl hack, and even custom courses on Mario Kart Wii! (Just learned about that last one today)

Xenesis

They're pretty good, although I wish they had native HDMI support for more modern TVs/Monitors.

Meeptroid

I hope you know there's such thing as an adapter for that? Look it up online!

Xenesis

I am, but I've never found one that outputs with a nice picture, they've always looked washed out.

Meeptroid

Quietus

Any modded console is nice. I used to be in to it, but in recent years I haven't bothered, mainly because there are way too many games for me to be playing without trying to find time for imports and console modifications. :^_^:

Meeptroid

Simply why I keep to the Wii  :lol: Also, I found out one of my favorite games, released on NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and DOS, actually never got released in PAL regions, but of course, the NES soundtrack sounds awesome in the slower and different pitches..... Gotta love how companies do that.....

Zhs2

Wii for home use, PSP on the go. Modded consoles 4 lyfe fool

Meeptroid

Sadly, I don't own a PSP, so, no modding on the go.

CrAzY

My modded Xbox gets about 1000x as much use as my modded Wii ever has. That thing has been collecting dust for the past half decade. Modded consoles are usually better than their stock counterparts in general. The Wii was just never that good of a console for me, so modding it can only make it so much better.

Quietus

I think there are lots of people whose Wiis had that same fate. Mine just sits on the corner of my desk having other stuff stacked on top of it - usually whatever I'm currently playing and the controller. I knew when I thought about buying one that the novelty of waggling would soon wear off, but I didn't think it'd be as bad as it has been. :sad:

That reminds me: I also had a funny story when I visited my parents, and my wife said to them that I had a problem with my Wii. My mum had a mild panic, saying 'no! Has he?' My wife explained that it was the console. :grin:

Meeptroid

Wow, that's absurd, but also quite funny!  :lol: but yeah, I'm gonna (hopefully) be getting a capture card soon, so I can record and stream right from my Wii! I cannot wait!

Quietus

That was one of the perks I was reading about yesterday for Windows 10 (not that I'm upgrading). It supposedly includes a PVR.

Meeptroid

What exactly IS a PVR? I have never heard about one of those..

Quietus

You're sat at some form of computer, so you have access to every search engine going. :neutral:

Just Google "what is a pvr". :^_^:

Dynastyx

I used to own an old modded PS1 and modded a few psp's myself. It was alarmingly easy to do :pwuh:

Tried some cards with the DS, but it just didn't work well half the time and support was atrocious at best.

Then I discovered what having money is like and skipped every problem that came with modded stuff.

Quietus

That sounds a bit like me, especially with a back catalogue, since it means you can wait for prices to drop - not to mention getting gaming bundles for mere pennies. :^_^:

Meeptroid

I always wondered how support for DS flash carts were, as I have always wanted to use them. What all can they play, might I ask?

CrAzY

Quote from: Quietus on October 01, 2015, 11:00:37 AM
You're sat at some form of computer, so you have access to every search engine going. :neutral:

Just Google. :^_^:

Zero One

While it's good life advice, sometimes a straightforward answer is better than "just fucking google it" :V

CrAzY

There is a ton of good choices when it comes to DS flash cards. When it's something that could yield a wide array of answers, you say "use Google," unless you want to use Google yourself & do the work for them. Don't help the lazy. Encourage them to learn how to find answers themselves. Only they know what feature-set they would want for something like that, let them choose.

Meeptroid

I want to know a cheap but decent DS flash cart. Its something I have always wondered about and playing emulators on the go using a real console is almost a must for me.

PKstarship

If you do get a DS flash card, I saw a work-in-progress hack of Super Mario 64 DS that is modifying it to be like Super Mario Sunshine. So far it has some of the levels, as well as FLUDD for Mario. It's called Super Mario Sunshine 64 DS. Just putting this out there.

Quietus

Wow, I bet the meeting to discuss that project's name was a blast. :^_^: