News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Disable Guardians to Proceed to Tourian.

Started by GUZROCK, September 09, 2015, 02:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GUZROCK

Hello.
I've been doing some research and I found out that I cannot make those guardians (as in SM Redesign) on SMILE editor. A Hex Editor must be used for it. I tried to use this code:

"25181 - 83 to 08
A1149 - 2F 86 to DA D6
(Norfair Chozo Statue) To make Golden Chozo works in every area. (Found by JAM & Kej)"

I put a Golden Chozo on CRATERIA, but it crashed.

I'd like to know how can I add those guardians as in Redesign (pic attached), so after disable 'em all, I can proceed to Tourian.

Thanks so much for this site. I'm learning a lot here!!

Quietus

To be clear: I don't think that hex change does what you think it does.

I suspect the reason it's not working is because of all of the other changes that need to be made. The hex change you made only makes the statue work in other areas. I'd imagine you still have to set up the X and Y coordinates of the 'hand', the plug (or whatever you want to call it) that gets removed, and the item you need to have equipped to trigger it (the original required Space Jump).

To have those statues work like in Redesign, like they're a sequence of locks, will likely require a load of work, most likely involving ASM.

GUZROCK

Thanks for answering me.

I'll try to learn how to use ASM and I'll try to add those triggers to proceed to Tourian. For me, it was a great idea!

GUZROCK

I received an answer from Drewseph about it. I'll need to write ASM for them all and modify the Chozo statues.

If you guys want to help me about it and make it together, I'd love to learn about ASM, which actually is not my area.

That's very specific and it not easy to find in the internet because I guess only Redesign and Hyper Metroid use that kind of thing.