News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Mission Rescue Version 2.5

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, August 16, 2015, 08:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on January 27, 2016, 10:17:30 PM
[spoiler]
Is this where you went after getting your grapple beam/swinger in order to get walljump/wallbooster? That is through the right door in first image?...
[/spoiler]
Nope. That door has always been locked. It still is. I don't have the Transparent Glasses yet is why.

Edit: Just got the Cruiser! Now for those Transparent Glasses, then I'll try to hit all the Paired Doors. Smachoghr, here I come! :awesome:

Mettyk25jigsaw

Ok, Figured out what would have happened with the transparent glasses, but don't worry, it would have fixed itself with the normal flow of game in your case, you just would have skipped the transparent glasses....
   Now if you need help as to where to go to get the transparent glasses, read my reply to FPZero's post on the date of JAN 13 this year at 12:10 AM, and you may want to read a post or 2 before that of FpZero's or mine as to getting more help(eg an image or 2 that has been uploaded). Now the only difference here which will not actually matter, is that since you have the cruiser now, you will have 2 ways of getting there, so if you end up finding a different way to get to smachoghr, it's alright...Also one thing you'll need to know is in spoiler...

[spoiler]When you get to the room with all the bosses names in centre of room, go through to the world teleportal and not the flashing grey door to get to the transparent glasses, the other door is needed at some point of interest but not yet...[/spoiler]

Good luck...

M1CR0H4CK3R

I made it to Smachoghr, but ZSNES crashes when I kill too many Metroids in the second room where they respawn endlessly. Before that happens, the Metroids start to leave behind their green 'shells' as 'extra' enemies when frozen. After 10 or so of these get on the screen, and another Metroid spawns, the game crashes. You can fix this by setting max enemies on screen to FF (255) for this room, as well as for any other rooms that spawn endless Metroids.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Ok, Thankyou, didn't know about that, you taught me something :^_^:Thanks...
Will put in new version with fix ASAP...

Mettyk25jigsaw

M1CR0H4CK3R,

Can you please upload an image on room in question in regards to this bug you found with the Metroids, It's just that I have been trying to recreate the same situation but have not been able to thus far, if you can confirm via image that I have tested said room, that would be great...I have been trying like rooms in the first entry to smachoghr and the 2nd, but with no success. Also maybe point out the particular Metroid in that room you were fighting at that time...I have been killing the metroids like 30 times in each room...I may be missing the room or particular Metroid....
   Also have you been able to get past this section the next time you attempted? I hope so...
Thanks...

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on January 28, 2016, 07:32:36 PM
M1CR0H4CK3R,

Can you please upload an image on room in question in regards to this bug you found with the Metroids, It's just that I have been trying to recreate the same situation but have not been able to thus far, if you can confirm via image that I have tested said room, that would be great...I have been trying like rooms in the first entry to smachoghr and the 2nd, but with no success. Also maybe point out the particular Metroid in that room you were fighting at that time...I have been killing the metroids like 30 times in each room...I may be missing the room or particular Metroid....
   Also have you been able to get past this section the next time you attempted? I hope so...
Thanks...

I think it's related to speedballing into the Metroids, so test that. I often purposely drop in the acid and speedball to avoid Metroids while in Tourian in Redesign Axeil, and this game was no exception. I initially had Quantau readied instead of Chiller when I entered the room, and was instantly surrounded by Metroids, so I dropped in the acid and speedballed and jumped out to avoid them all latching onto me. 2 of them changed into enemy DAFF (Metroid 'shell'; enemy with no AI that just uses unnecessary enemy data) when hit by the speedball, and the rest all changed when hit with Chiller before hitting with a Mega Racheta. You can test this 'bug' by using the following PAR codes:
7E0B3F04
7E0A6E02

This will make it so that you always have echoes, and the effect will disappear when: 1) the code is disabled and 2) after either: A) doing a shinespark or B) spinjumping and landing. I narrowed it down to speedballing after remembering that I did it in that room.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Ok, I think I fixed it...Speed2 was suppose to have been set as 0005 as it was in an original rom, half the rooms were rightly configured while some had either 0000 or 0002, oops....Looks like it's not game breaking though, as long as you don't perform certain tricks on the metroids...So will be in next version the fix...
    Have you fought mother brain yet? Or have you still got some paired doors to unlock perhaps? Or have you at least got the transparent glasses?...Anyway there is a big surprise at end of game to look forward to... :grin:

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on January 29, 2016, 04:54:01 PM
Ok, I think I fixed it...Speed2 was suppose to have been set as 0005 as it was in an original rom, half the rooms were rightly configured while some had either 0000 or 0002, oops....Looks like it's not game breaking though, as long as you don't perform certain tricks on the metroids...So will be in next version the fix...
    Have you fought mother brain yet? Or have you still got some paired doors to unlock perhaps? Or have you at least got the transparent glasses?...Anyway there is a big surprise at end of game to look forward to... :grin:

The glitch was game-breaking for me, since I relied entirely on savestates. Even clearing the enemies out of the game's RAM via CheatEngine didn't help.  :cry:

I ended up starting a new game on 2.41 Easy Mode instead. I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm finished.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Oh No! I'll have to upload the fix to it then ASAP, Sorry about that, I'll do further testing on it too, to make sure it's fixed...Expect it up in the next few hours...Suggestion, use normal save stations as well, that way you have another way of reverting back to an earlier save. Anyway I hope you enjoy easy version as much as normal...Thanks for sticking with it, just remember, there's a big surprise at end of game...

Mettyk25jigsaw

Released V2.42...Fixed a bug where making certain manoeuvres with metroids make the game crash...
                              ...On easy mode there are more changes, many more 'always closed' doors close behind you after entering through the door from other side that previously wasn't and also many double doors have now got there own individual door scroll number/value making these doors close behind you too as you enter through...

M1CR0H4CK3R

Mettyk25jigsaw, I cannot figure out how I'm normally supposed to get through this door:
[spoiler]

I don't have Rinder or Nuclear Hand Grenades yet at this point. The only hint in the Hint Room that I can potentially access requires the Transparent Glasses (before the Wall Jump area), so I assume that they are my next target chronologically. I assume I need Rinder next, then, since I think the enemy I beat last time (between the lower pair of doors) required the Rinder to beat, and the doors unlocked afterward. However, don't I need Naelleyn Armor to reach the Golden Torizo in Chaud Bay (and thus Rinder)? Correct me if I'm wrong, though.[/spoiler]

FPzero

You need to

[spoiler]beat both Spore Spawn and Crocomire to open those doors. You probably had both of them beaten by that point last time so you never stopped to think about it.[/spoiler]

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: FPzero on January 30, 2016, 01:33:48 PM
You need to

[spoiler]beat both Spore Spawn and Crocomire to open those doors. You probably had both of them beaten by that point last time so you never stopped to think about it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I know. I already beat them, and opened their associated doors. I'll try opening each door again, though. T_T [/spoiler]

Edit:
[spoiler]Nevermind. I forgot to open Spore Spawn's door. I feel so stupid. Aw well. :|

M1CR0H4CK3R

Mettyk25jigsaw, is the intended item order on Easy Mode correct in the second spoiler below? I think I might've sequence broke after Velocity Boots.

[spoiler=Method]I had to shinespark up a shaft (with the above mentioned PAR code) with a paired door at the top right corner of the room (room 78328). Your map says Air Boots are all that's required, and SMILE RF says there's a slope there in the middle, but the slope wasn't there for me. :cry: [/spoiler]

Anyway, the item order:

[spoiler=Order]Rachetas, Suschi, Explosives, Chiller, Boost Boots, Mega Rachetas, Crojei Armor, Sphay Beam, Air Boots, Swinger, Transparent Glasses, Wall Booster, Velocity Boots, Nuclear Hand Grenades (This is when I got them), Rinder, Naelleyn Armor, Combo Ball, Nuclear Hand Grenades (maybe when I'm supposed to get them), Fuser, Quantau, and Cruiser[/spoiler]

Mettyk25jigsaw

M1CR0H4CK3R, Thankyou for your input, I will fix that...

Other than the 1st lot of hand grenades everything else is in correct order assuming you just forgot the 1st lot of hp bonus between the mega rachetas and Crojei armor, but I suspect you have as they are not listed and I am sure you would have some by now...

Mettyk25jigsaw

Fixed a bug which causes one to be able to get hand grenades earlier than allowed...

I slipped it into current version 2.42, cause I was lazy, it was easier and quicker...

JAM

I'll ask it here. Looks like, no one asked it.
I found a room in Brinstar where invulnarable Energy Tanks are jumping. No way to defeat them. Is it kind of trolling, or should I play harder version to defeat them and finally make the regular Energy Tanks don't hurt me?

Mettyk25jigsaw

They,re like  that just for a bit of fun,  just like what red monkey did with phazon with the super missiles.  They can.t be hurt.  In hard mode, if you touch them,  you,ll die...  :mad:

FPzero

I'm stuck in this damn maze of an escape sequence.

[spoiler]

What am I even supposed to do here? the pipe drops me down into this area from which I can't get out, I can't break the Sphay block because I don't have it any more and I can't find any other passage out of here or the rest of the room. There's a block above the sphay block that breaks but I obviously can't get over to it since I'm trapped in here. I tried using the Metroid on every block surface I could think of but I didn't see anything break. And I obviously can't use X-Ray to see those blocks if that's the answer.
[/spoiler]

Mettyk25jigsaw

Oops I thought I changed that.  Will put up fix asap... Sorry about that. 

Mettyk25jigsaw

Released.  V2.43----fixed perma at end of game...

Aran;Jaeger

Mettyk25jigsaw can you tell me if this stuck at the end in the escape is also part of the hard version and prevents the game from being beaten normally?

Mettyk25jigsaw

A-jaeger... Double checked it.  No it is fine.  It is structured differently and is passable  :^_^:

M1CR0H4CK3R

I keep trying to complete the escape sequence, and EVERY TIME I TRY, I get greeted with this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

What am I supposed to do differently?

[spoiler]When I first get into Arion Skirts during the escape sequence, I can't get the little Metroid to follow me into the next room there (yes, I broke both possible 'door' blocks, and had the Metroid go through the upper one, while I took the lower one; I assume this is the intended way to do it). Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated. [/spoiler]

Mettyk25jigsaw

I will look into that now to see if anything is wrong.

Edit... OK this video should explain it.  Just watch until the spot you got stuck at is answered... Note on second spoiler if you got stuck just before the ship.

[spoiler]https://www.dropbox.com/s/nakdk4e37jhf2a1/MMR%20Escape.avi?dl=0[/spoiler]

[spoiler]If it is applicable to you. In video where I lost the metroid falling down that alley permanently. Just use the spring ball on that crumble block so metroid can go through crumble block same time as you do... The rest I am sure you'll work out... [/spoiler]