News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Releasing unfinished hacks: Rise, Dream Sequence, etc.

Started by begrimed, July 21, 2015, 01:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

begrimed

I know this'll disappoint some of the people who were waiting for Rise especially, but I feel this has to be done. I've been making changes in my life, which has included lots of decluttering. Part of that is letting go of goals that have just become anchors over time.

Finishing Rise in a timeframe that pleases anyone is not a realistic goal anymore. I expected Rise to be absolutely polished and excellent when it was done, even for a smaller hack, and as the years have passed, it's more evident that to be totally happy with it, I'd still have to rethink and redo a bunch of stuff. Rise is still pretty good as-is, it just doesn't have the ending or the polish I wanted it to have (it can still be played through and beaten). There are a few rooms that never got finished, which I've blocked off to avoid confusion, so not all of the energy tanks are possible to collect.

I only wanna focus on Project Base or Alt Zebes during the periods of time that I'm actively hacking, so I'm unburdening myself by releasing everything else as-is and not looking back. Take whatever you want from these if you see something you like. Nothing besides Rise is really in a playable state, but they might be fun to dig around in with SMILE.

DOWNLOAD ABANDONED HACKS

Vismund Cygnus

(moved this to completed seeing as they're as done as they'll ever be)

Sad to hear you won't be finishing these, but I'm certainly enjoying tearing these apart and stealing your assets. I always secretly enjoy these beautiful words;
Quote from: Grime on July 21, 2015, 01:22:42 AM
Take whatever you want from these if you see something you like
Thanks a ton for these!

begrimed

Ahaha, enjoy. Not much've a secret anymore though.

Tomtroid

Interesting. I have looked into Rise, and it was pretty good.

BTW what is Alt Zebes anyway? I don't think I've heard of it before.

Parabox

It's Grime's rework of Zebes, real vanilla-like stuff, just an alternate map if you will. Looking pretty tight so far.

Aran;Jaeger

Grime/begrimed allowed me (after asking him about it) to fix the unfinished "Rise" hack a tiny bit by removing an item behind some door that one anyways is not supposed to get (I just turned the Missile pack into a Scroll PLM), which was located at some off-screen area. So here would be a patch for Rise, called "Rise 1.1".
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/218520158963105792/223974316876890112/Super_Metroid_Rise_1.1_JU_.IPS