News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Item that replaces X-Ray.

Started by Retroo, January 06, 2016, 07:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retroo

Want:
I am looking for a Item that replaces X-Ray beam, for my Project Base hack.
I want it to shoot charged beam shoots without having to charge it up when selected.

Give: Since i cant really do any code or any graphics, what i will give is a beta copy of my hack when its ready for that.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Ok did it for you...

I also did one that included the xray in case you want the xray icon when selected to do both charge shots just by firing and have the xray beam still work...If so, it just works normally, press B for Xray and press X for Charge shots when xray icon is selected...Otherwise if you chose the other one, the Xray won't work when you press the B, but doesn't crash either...

Please thoroughly test b4 using on an original rom as I have tested it, but really needs more testing...

Also make sure you have $21 Bytes worth of free space at pc address 87F00...Enjoy...

If you don't have free space there, let me know where there is free space in same bank and I will do another one...

PS: As for the item, just use the xray beam item, since you wanted an item to replace it anyway, there is no sense in making an item just for that when the xray item will do exactly what you want...
     However I have not changed the xray scope icon's GFX, so to do that, you would need to export a palette from any tileset inside smile, and then open up the rom in a gfx editor and open up the palette you exported alondside it, then go to offset D3200 and switch to Gameboy mode. The gfx should be there to edit it..The palette row to use is '04' (I think), Considering it's in 2bpp format(Gameboy)
    Also you will probably want to change the name of the message box when you collect it, (as I don't know what you want to call it)   Here is a link to a guide, to learn how to do that (if you haven't already learnt)...
   Also one last thing you will probably want to change too is GFX Of the item, which you do by opening rom up in gfx editor using the same exported palette as the xray icon in hud but this time in Snes mode at location 48000 (round there somewhere)...

http://metroidconstruction.com/docs/DChronosMessageBoxGuidev3.txt

Retroo

Wow. Thank you so fucking much! I dont know how to thank you enough. But i will give credits in my hack and give you a beta copy of the hack when its ready! You are the man!!! :^_^: