News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Spriter wanted - code/assets in return

Started by Quote58, July 09, 2015, 10:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote58

Hi all,

I'm looking for anyone here who sees themselves as a good spriter, and can draw something from only a description/picture for reference in the style of super metroid.

There are only a couple of conditions:
-must be able to work quickly and efficiently
-must be able to draw creatures/enemies with animation (not a lot of animation though)
-willing to update me on progress frequently (ie. not go dark for a long time and then show up with a finished product). This is to ensure we're on the same page with the design as it's being made, so you don't have to redo the whole thing if you misinterpreted what I asked.

In return, I have a few things to offer any one who would like to help:
-ASM code (this includes: plms, enemies, engine changes, generally whatever), as long as it fits the amount of spriting you are willing to do for my hack
-Tilesets (I've made many of my gfx public in the past, but not on the main site, so they're not currently easy to find)
-High level coding. I'm not an expert, but I am a computer science student at university, so I may be able to help depending on the request. (I know C++, python, java (although I hate java because it sucks), and processing (which is like a more simple version of java focused on graphical interfaces). I am also familiar with the Pygame library for python)

As well, anyone who helps with the spriting will have the opportunity to beta test the hack when it comes out, and trust me, you'll want to beta test the thing I'm making  :wink:

I am looking for one or more people who want to help out, because although I can do environmental gfx, I am absolutely terrible at making something from nothing when it comes to enemies and animation.

How to contact me if this sounds good:
-PM me on the forum
-Talk to me in IRC (I'm in #cloudirc more often than #metconst though)
-Respond here (duh)

After contacting me however, I ask that you show me a picture/gif/video as evidence of your spriting experience, as well as outlining what you're willing to do, and what if anything you want in return, through a PM on the forum.

Okay, so if you have any questions about what I'm asking/offering, please ask!

I really hope I can get some responses here so we can make something great  :grin:
Happy hacking metconst!

MetroidPeter

What kind of sprites are we talking about? I can do sprites.

Quote58

Quote from: Quote58 on July 09, 2015, 10:08:01 PM
-must be able to draw creatures/enemies with animation (not a lot of animation though)

Quote from: Quote58 on July 09, 2015, 10:08:01 PM
After contacting me however, I ask that you show me a picture/gif/video as evidence of your spriting experience, as well as outlining what you're willing to do, and what if anything you want in return.

Please read the post in full before answering

RealRed

I am willing to sprite (you know my skill level) enemies/creatures/bosses, with the cost of: they are publically released as fully-functional goodies for the community to use. (I don't take "I'll release it once my hack is completed")

We'd effectively be collaborating on public patches.

Quote58

Quote from: RealRed on July 10, 2015, 04:02:39 PM
We'd effectively be collaborating on public patches.
Which is not what this post was about, sorry.

Anyway, I have found spriters to help with those enemies now. Thank you to anyone who considered the offer.

If there's anyone who would like asm but isn't good at drawing sprites from scratch, let me know what you have to offer and we can talk, as long as it isn't something massive, as I don't have a lot of time.