News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Dreaded

Started by Retroo, June 15, 2015, 12:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retroo

This is a Full hack i started about a half year ago.
The name is from the Rumored Metroid game called Dread.
The working on this hack is right now going fast im making atleast 1 room everyday often more.
This hack is a full hack and uses mostly tilesets from Super Metroid but with some changes and with some other paletts.
CRE is made by RealRed, Crateria palette is made by FPzero, Some changes to the Brinstar tileset is made by Drewseph.
% On about how much i made on the areas: Brinstar 85 %, Crateria 95 %, Norfair, 5 %
==========================================================================

RetroK

Quietus

I see quite a lot of straight edges. Just be careful that you don't overdo it, as it usually looks unnatural.

Retroo

-

Lunaria

Why does everyone want to copy the visual style of redesign?

Retroo

Quote from: Lunaria on June 15, 2015, 03:57:06 PM
Why does everyone want to copy the visual style of redesign?
What do you mean? That i used brinstar tileset from redesign or what, is it that the CRE looks a bit like the redesign one? I tried to make the design to look like the original game and now if someone thinks it looks a bit like redesign does it matter honestly? Also i asked if i could use the brinstar tiles he said yes.

Lunaria

Mostly the CRE stuff and crateria palette. It's not a problem per say, I just personally like a bit more variation. There have been quite many hacks that have attempted to go for the visual style of redesign.