News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metconst Mumble

Started by Zhs2, May 20, 2014, 12:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Once upon a time, Skype was a thing. A lot of people used it. I disliked using Skype. Times changed, seasons passed, MetroidMst yelled at me several times about making Top Hacks... and then he learned about Mumble. MetroidMst is also surprised the computer hosting it stayed up, but it is a thing!

Domain is metconstmumble.no-ip.biz. The plan is to use it from now on to create podcasts and host races, but everyone's been using it for general chatting and other fun stuff and such as well. Join in if VoIP with Metconst members suits your fancy!

Quietus

I did a quick test, and it all appears to be fine.  You may wish to alter the certificate, or at least warn those that choose to connect that they'll get a warning about it.

Also, apparently I sound like a gunslinger, so yeehaw, or something. :O_o:

Retroo

-

Quietus

Have you gone through all of the installation and microphone setup process?

Retroo

-

Zhs2

Mumble is a VoIP program. You connect to that domain through it and then hear people's beautiful voices. Unless, of course, they're a typing plebeian.

JAM

Quote from: Zhs2 on May 20, 2014, 04:24:10 PM
Unless, of course, they're a typing plebeian.
Well, I'm not typing plebeian, but I'm understanding the english speech really bad. SED, but true. Maybe, I'm not alone here.

MetroidMst

Maybe it will really be us not understanding Russian instead of you not understanding English!

Quietus

We clearly all need to learn Engian or Russish. :^_^:

Smiley

Quote from: Quietus on May 24, 2014, 06:37:21 PM
Engian
Yeah! Move that gear up! That's what ya get! I told ya don't touch that darn thing! Sometimes you just need a little less gun.
Nice going, pardner!

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on May 24, 2014, 06:37:21 PM
We clearly all need to learn Engian or Russish. :^_^:
Big engian or little engian? =)

Quietus

Neither, we're going all out, and using Brobdingnag-Lilliputian. :^_^:

JAM

You just have no idea what we had to learn to simply understand what's going on

Zhs2

Since somebody bumped this topic: The mumble is not dead, just impaired. At least, last I tried. Getting ahold of MetroidMst's IP works, but only temporarily.
It's okay though, nobody cares

Phazos: True Phazon deity

well I see that the mumble server thing still works. I just downloaded the thing and set up with it so as to possibly at some point join in with some events on the forum. Like item randomizer races.