News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Final Crimson RBO

Started by crimsonsunbird, August 10, 2017, 12:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonsunbird

ok For a while I make bad hacks and i dont have patience to listening tutorials about construction good rooms, etc...
So enough to launch hacks crap, this is my final hack REAL.
sorry If You Think I Cancerize SMILE(MAKING THIS HACKS)
(SORRY FOR ENGLISH ERRORS, I DONT SPEAK...)

For beat the hack,  necessary good skills, and a basic short charge. (it's possible make space jump in water, and hell'run are slow damage)
goodbye...

Rothlenar

Just FYI for those who play this...

[spoiler]
First, there are some (avoidable) permastucks.
[spoiler]At the start at the ship, go left, not right.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Do not attempt to go for the upper right "power bomb" location in Lower Norfair. You can get the first missile tank without worry, though.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Do not leave Maridia out of the top right without powerbombs. You'll get locked out on the other side.[/spoiler]

For the general game play.
[spoiler]There are a lot of rooms that are simply blocked off with no hope of getting to. Only a handful of gray doors will eventually open.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Save states are kind of necessary to maintain sanity for the uninitiated.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]You will absolutely detest old-school CastleVania-style spikes. They actually do about 250-ish damage (didn't bother check for the exact amount), so you can eventually survive one or two hits until Varia / Gravity.[/spoiler]

"OMFG! NORFAIR!? WTF!?"
[spoiler]It is perfectly possible to get through Norfair as intended and grab most of the items before leaving. Just make sure you go through the speed booster tunnel until you get supers. Make it a point to keep filling up on energy as early as possible. Going into Upper Norfair with ONE E-tank is intended (for some maniacal reason). You will have 3 E-tanks before Ridley; his room is not heated. Fireballs and tail do large damage, but contact with his body will one-shot you.[/spoiler]

"MARIDIA TOO!?"
[spoiler]You'll be immersed in lava for two rooms only: one right before the map room and the main-street room with the missile that normally requires Gravity Suit and the Speed Booster. Make sure to keep full energy to start out both cases. You can space jump underwater, though it might be awkward at first.[/spoiler]

"I got Power bombs and Ice Beam. Now what?"
[spoiler]Go back to the top of the tall red shaft in Brinstar and lay a power bomb. Or, go to the room containing Mount Doom (for you NBMB crazy people), and lay a power bomb near the blocked off door. This part was stupidly, stupidly hidden.[/spoiler]

Time Limit during Escape?
[spoiler]58 seconds. Yes... FIFTY... EIGHT... SECONDS. I used slowdowns with no shame. I'm not gonna bother torturing myself there. You won't be able to save the animals, no matter what.[/spoiler]

Totals?
[spoiler]I was able to get all suit powerups, 6 E-tanks, 1 R-tank, 32 missiles, 5 super missiles (1 hidden in GTs room; stupid grappling beam), and 2 power bombs. Came out with 30% total. You'll want to glitch through the zebetites for sure.[/spoiler]

I would not recommend playing this one unless you're a die-hard for trying new SM hacks. The overly tedious difficulty doesn't make it fun unless you want that sort of thing.
[/spoiler]