News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

New Contest?

Started by Retroo, May 10, 2015, 05:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passarbye

Quote from: biospark on May 12, 2015, 09:36:01 PM
How about a contest that rewards you for hacking a game other than SM?

>_>

<_<
look, I'd love to be hacking Fusion at the moment (I've brainstormed many ideas while doing a play-through of it), but there's just no viable editor released yet. Using DH is like pulling teeth to get a hack working, which is why I'm waiting on your editor.  :wink:

on topic: project base contest sounds good, I've been wanting to complete the newest version and haven't had time to sit down and play it. (Omega Ruby is keeping me occupied)

JAM

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on May 12, 2015, 09:21:19 PM
If this were to go ahead my suggestion would be to have a longer period to work on the hack in order to increase the level of polish. The problem with most of these contest hacks is that they rarely stand up to the "real" hacks released by the community,  and in general authors discontinue work on them once they're submitted. Even a 3-4 month work period would help with fixing this issue , and perhaps this would make a contest with some A-Level stuff produced.
Completly agree with this one. Time should be enough for this and "I had So Little Time" will no longer be an excuse.

Grimlock

Quote from: biospark on May 12, 2015, 09:36:01 PM
How about a contest that rewards you for hacking a game other than SM?

M1 anyone?

(Begins dodging tomatoes)

On a serious note I wouldn't mind participating in a small hack-off contest, most of the ideas appear to be SM only though... :sad:

Why not just pick a theme and roll with it, how about some kind of cross over theme that features graphics from other games.  Or better yet go with a silhouette theme.  Or better better yet snow graphics ice theme, maybe with a waterfall....   :grin:

http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,3375.0.html

Actually on a more seriouser-ness note anything that would work with the other troids would be good.  :cool:

MetroidMst

Quote from: Grimlock on May 15, 2015, 12:07:24 AM
Actually on a more seriouser-ness note anything that would work with the other troids would be good.  :cool:
That is why there has been a theme in development for a little while now, it will allow for any Metroid game to be entered.  :!: