News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Asset of the Month - April 2015

Started by GF_Kennon, May 06, 2015, 06:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who made AotM?

DSO
1 (7.7%)
squishy_ichigo
12 (92.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 31, 2015, 06:01:01 PM

GF_Kennon

Welcome to Asset of the Month! This one is quite similar to Room of the Month except it is to do with creating the best asset you can possibly make for the community, whether it be Assembly, Graphics, Music, Patches, Tools, or something else, now is your chance to submit it to a competition revolving around that.

This month is apparently so little entries week as we only have two entrants, I blame Axiel and Hyper for this.

[spoiler=DSO]First up is DSO with his Damage Reduction Change assembly.
Description: This file alters the damage calculations for varia and gravity. Now, instead of damage going from 100% > 50% > 25%, it goes 100% > 75% > 50%. The idea is that this will be helpful to nonlinear hacks, as later enemies can be made just as dangerous to a powered up Samus but not be nearly as deadly to suitless explorers. The routine fits in the space of the original one and uses no free space.
Download here!
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=squishy_ichigo]Next is squishy_ichigo with his Ending Credits Change assembly.
Description:RealRed had a desire to change the credits, so I sat down, and learned how the credits worked.

And now, I'll teach you how they work too!  It's a lot of work, changing the tilemaps, and the tilemap table, but if you want that extra polish for you hack, you really should think about editing the credits.

MAKE SURE TO CREDIT THE ORIGINAL SUPER METROID DEVELOPERS OR YOU'RE A BAD PERSON.

credits.zip contains everything I feel relevant to editing the credits. It contains:
--LunarCompress
--HOWTO - Credits.rtf
--REF - $7E3000.....$7E37FF - Shorthand.txt
--REF - $7F0000.....$7F1FFF - Tilemaps.bin
--REF - $8CD91B.....$8CDC9A - Table.txt
--REF - $988304 - Array.png
--REF - $988304 - C0304.gfx
--REF - Credits.txt
--REF - Relevant Code.txt
Download here![/spoiler]

Well, looks like its a duel this month between DSO and squishy. Cast your votes!

Cpt.Glitch

Squish gets my vote. I've been wanting to learn how to change the credits for my hack for whenever it gets done.

Quietus

I'm going with squishy, as it seems like something that could be applied to most hacks, and seems like more of a development. :^_^:

Daltone

Ill vote DSO since i may use that.

I'd like to thank both of you for sharing though <333

Vismund Cygnus

Squishy gets my vote for this month, simply because I see it as being more "practical". Now that it exists, I can only assume every hack is going to have its own credits! It's a really nice touch that adds just that small amount of personality and polish to a hack. DSO's, while still quite cool, simply doesn't have that mass amount of usefulness that the Credits Patch has.
Excellent work to both parties however.  :^_^: