News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Hyper Metroid

Started by RealRed, April 17, 2015, 11:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

[spoiler]As far as I know, it's just for looks. Never discovered any purpose for it. [/spoiler]

RT-55J

Wrong game Quietus. That's from Redesign's readme.

Anywho, I finally (finally) found the Super Missiles after what seemed like 2 hours of wandering. Perhaps I should reserve my wanton walljumping and journeying off the beaten path for another playthrough.

Quietus

Quote from: RT-55J on April 21, 2015, 05:56:24 PM
Wrong game Quietus. That's from Redesign's readme.
Go, me!  I knew I should have gone to bed sooner... :blush:

MrTheFlame

So huh...I can't find
[spoiler]The freaking 15th Gate in order to reach Draygoon...Help me please.[/spoiler]

Cpt.Glitch

[spoiler]There are speed boost blocks in a particular room.  Find the room and spinjump while speedboosting and it'll lead you there. [/spoiler]

MrTheFlame

[spoiler]Uh oh...I thought that I didn't need the Speed Booster to get to the gate...Well, huh, where's the Speed Booster, then?[/spoiler]

Cpt.Glitch

[spoiler]Norfair. Beat Ridley.[/spoiler]

Dessyreqt

Haven't started it yet. I had to write this first. Hopefully someone will find it useful.

Smiley

Dessy is man of the year.

smgoty

I'm pissed because I'm very busy with work I have very little time to play this game. I wish I had more time to play it.  I had an amazing time with it last weekend, but I'm not very far into it yet.  I got the x-ray vision, then had to stop.  Yea I'm slow. :cry:

dstryr712

Quote from: IidoTheFox on April 21, 2015, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: SMILEuser96 on April 21, 2015, 04:53:18 PM
[spoiler]You're too slow![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Thanks, I had thought maybe it was speed related but still couldn't get there in time. I just pseudo-screw-attack-shinesparked the entire thing though and made it :3 That was pretty fun to do.[/spoiler]

Can you clarify on this one? I was stuck there a little while ago:)

IidoTheFox

Quote from: dstryr712 on April 21, 2015, 10:38:36 PM
Quote from: IidoTheFox on April 21, 2015, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: SMILEuser96 on April 21, 2015, 04:53:18 PM
[spoiler]You're too slow![/spoiler]

[spoiler]Thanks, I had thought maybe it was speed related but still couldn't get there in time. I just pseudo-screw-attack-shinesparked the entire thing though and made it :3 That was pretty fun to do.[/spoiler]

Can you clarify on this one? I was stuck there a little while ago:)

[spoiler]I'm not sure if this is a new feature or if it was something in the original, to be honest I never did too much crazy speed booster/shinespark stuff in the original game...but basically, once the speed booster begins, if you jump forward while speed boosting and then continue to space jump, you'll do a pseudo screw-attack as long as you are glowing, and as as long as (I think) you don't come to a complete stop, by touching a wall or whatever. So you basically need to do that, and maintain it until you make it through the blocks beneath the gate 9 switch.[/spoiler]

IidoTheFox

Well, I've finished the game as of a few hours ago. 08:59 total time, 88% item rate!

Overall, an amazing hack. It does a very good job of recreating the atmosphere, feel, and most importantly the fun of the original game. It's bigger and more complex, but not to the point that it's stupidly over-complicated or tedious, and the challenge level feels just right for the most part. The new moves and additional features added to Samus's abilities were also great.

[spoiler]I actually did a recording of my initial attempt at defeating Mother Brain and escaping Zebes. It is currently uploading to Youtube, would it be alright to post it here once it is up?[/spoiler]

dstryr712

How do you open the grey door in [spoiler]Norfair, bottom right, inside the dragon's mouth? I'm just looking for unopened gates now, so I don't think i have to beat anything else... unless it opens from the other side? :/[/spoiler]

IidoTheFox

Quote from: dstryr712 on April 22, 2015, 12:57:31 AM
How do you open the grey door in [spoiler]Norfair, bottom right, inside the dragon's mouth? I'm just looking for unopened gates now, so I don't think i have to beat anything else... unless it opens from the other side? :/[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It only opens from the other side, yes. You'll come through it later on.[/spoiler]

SirAileron

I had my suspicions that this hack might be fun, and I have definitely not been disappointed! I managed to get up to 99% item completion so far, hoping to find the one item I'm missing though some more combing over the world. The sequence-break "friendly" nature of this design has been an utter joy to experiment with. :lol:
[spoiler]Among some things I did, getting wave and super missiles immediately after getting bombs was amusing, and that helped me get so lost that I ended up grabbing Space Jump before even the High Jump Boots! I'll definitely have to give this another go now that I am more familiar with the upgrade locations.[/spoiler]

OhCwap

I know people will find it stupid, but, there is a way to crystal flash in this hack?
If not then anyway to add?

DSO

Well, I've taken the map Digital Mantra created and counted the explorable screens for each area. The results are:

Hyper Metroid:
Ceres:   22
Crateria: 373
Brinstar: 450
WS: 159
Norfair: 586
Maridia: 460
Tourian: 190
Total: 2240

Based on this you've just edged out Super Zero Mission for second largest hack by a mere 14 screens. (Third if you want to take old Redesign and Axiel as two seperate hacks)

RealRed

Awesome. How large, again, are SM and SMR? 2240 is a lot more screens than I was expecting.

I want everyone to know that I'm researching and contemplating sound solutions that will resolve choke-points that catch a larger amount of players and put them in an unrewarding/unfair situation. I haven't been doing any hacking yet as I'm still trying to play alongside everyone else, but I'm mentally preparing myself for a solid 1.1 update that makes the game better where it falls short while retaining the hyper metroid everyone likes.

IidoTheFox

Well, here's my first attempt at the finale of the game, if anyone's interested.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajz7PJLwj6I[/spoiler]

Kn0p3XX

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on April 21, 2015, 07:52:26 PM
[spoiler]Norfair. Beat Ridley.[/spoiler]

Well, this is my first post.
[spoiler]I can't find the way to Ridley.. o.o Btw i'm searching for the Speed Boosters.[/spoiler]

MollyAncalime

I do seem to be lost.
Where would I go about finding...
[spoiler]
Botwoon/power bombs?

[/spoiler]

Lucky Dearly

hey all, awesome hack for sure though one thing I do need to ask

[spoiler] still have this lock to unlock though I haven't found a way to get to it.[/spoiler]

MetroidMst

[spoiler=Lucky]Try looking for suspicious bubbles[/spoiler]

foosda

Quote from: MollyAncalime on April 22, 2015, 08:45:56 PM
I do seem to be lost.
Where would I go about finding...
[spoiler]
Botwoon/power bombs?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
try looking around wrecked ship for another entrance to maridia
[/spoiler]