1st April 2015 - Preview of the new monthly update format.

Started by GF_Kennon, April 01, 2015, 02:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

So, this is probably going to end up as a monthly thing, where I'll be pushing an update every month for the site based on whats happening within MetConst.

I'll probably be formatting it something similar to:

Whats new on MetConst

New Hacks:
Hack 1
Hack 2
etc

New Resources:
Resource 1
Resource 2
etc

Random hack of the Month

Video update

The main site update will link to a post like this so that people can comment on it.

Anyway, this month is an interesting one since all the old stuff is being added to the main site, so I decided to opt out of the whats new and random hack this month and instead give you the video update.

MetConst Update 4/1/2015

So, opinions on the monthly update layout? Changes you would make, refinements, lets hear them, feel free to also discuss the video too.

Quietus

I quite like the suggested breakdown.  I think if you're going to be presenting new stuff, try and make it visually appealing, so plenty of pics and information, rather than just itemised lists.  You could possibly allow a spot at the end of each update for miscellaneous news, such as worthy changes, competions, or other stuff that doesn't really fit anywhere else.

personitis

What that guy said. ^ :oh:

Maybe provide a screenshot or two with any new hacks, some links to all the stuff being showcased as well, and saving any text heavy stuff for smaller update information such as technical changes or the like.