News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - Tech Demo Release

Started by TerminusEst13, February 09, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personitis

I feel that with the rooms being as large as they are, the doors aren't really a headache. Pretty fantastic work I'm seeing as usual. Not sure if I'll ever get around to trying this out, but if I do, I'll be sure to let ya know. With that, make sure you keep the awesome work comin'!

Mac

This is only an opinion, but I think it would be neat if items like the ice missiles from Fusion and the beams from Prime 2 & 3, were accessible in the game. Items that weren't accessible until metroid fusion, pretty much. And, like in the Prime series, the beams and such would be more effective on one enemy type then another, like plasma > ice and ice < ice. It would add an element of variety, and make you think a little, rather than bombing and spazering everything to death. Again, this is just some thing I think would be cool, it's just an idea. Or maybe you'd already planned on that and i just wasted five minutes typing this.

Grimlock

If you ever consider doing a MOD like this in the Half Life or Half Life 2 (source) engine let me know and I can make some killer maps for you with custom textures, sounds, and effects.  I've made over 20 multiplayer maps and never thought to make a Metroid themed map.

Here's one of my sci-fi HLDM maps (2012), a shuttle bay, you can lower the shield and suck the other players into space...
EDIT: The ship in the center launches few seconds after the shields are lowered, shields raise and a new ship raises from the floor hatch.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Quietus

I'd say it was way more Halo than anything else.  In particular, the escape sequence.