News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Shinespark Construction

Started by GF_Kennon, March 19, 2015, 10:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

So MetConst, there is a new surprise in the works for you guys, though I'm sure you noticed the board by now, but we will have hopefully a new subcommunity joining us soon, Shinespark Construction!

So whats this board all about? Well its a speed running board mainly, but this one revolves around the hacks we produce, what better place for charting everyone's speed running than at the place they were spawned from.

We have a small community hopefully moving in soon too, as there exists a Project Base speed running group, except they existed on facebook and I think anyone will agree, thats not the best place for a group, but hopefully with activity in the new subcommunity, it will branch out to other well known hacks and see who can get the best times, who knows, maybe there will be competitions for this too!

What we also plan to do is also set up some kind of score board system in a subdomain, where you can submit your times for each hack here and have them officially recognized by MetConst, if anyone is familiar with Deer Tier, you should know roughly what we want to do.

So anyway, feel free to ask any questions, the board will be open soon enough, I just need to post a stickied topic in it and then I'll open it up.

Quietus

I'm curious how the record keeping works.  Will it be the norm for WIP hacks to be included, and the record tables replaced with each new version?  Or will there be multiple pages per hack with a record list for each version?

Lunaria

I still think there has to be a more clever name for it. *shrug*

GF_Kennon

If a WIP hack can be finished I don't see why not, the Project Base community have been doing this as far as I know, and old tables can be kept for reference and if anyone wants to view old times and such.

So in general yes, a hack will have a page to itself and it will have links to versions and categories and whatever else is relevant to that hack. (maybe even documents?)

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: Crys on March 20, 2015, 08:54:21 AM
I still think there has to be a more clever name for it. *shrug*

Personally, I would go for Speedbooster Construction, so then you can do stuff like speedconst, which is far superior to sparkconst, eww.

But thats just my opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zero One

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on March 20, 2015, 05:18:46 PMBut thats just my opinion. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad! SparkConst is clearly far superior!

TheFleetingDuck

I'm writing in here because i was told to. Also, Zrn knows all

personitis

"SpeedConst" is way to generic while "SparkConst" is more original and probably likely to draw a bit of attention while still loosely giving an idea of what's going on.

Zero One

Quote from: TheFleetingDuck on March 20, 2015, 06:05:38 PM
I'm writing in here because i was told to. Also, Zrn knows all

The "Introduce Yourself" thread would've been a bit more appropriate :V but whatever welcome