News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Tuner Super Metroid Ridley's Lair/Norfair Ruins

Started by Meeptroid, September 20, 2015, 12:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeptroid

Has anyone made or is capable of making the Super Metroid Ridley's Lair, or Norfair Ruins theme using Metroid Tuner? I need it for my hack, and I don't understand how to make music for that.

Grimlock

Have you been able to create any tracks on Metroid Tuner?  If you've been able to figure out the basics you should consider going through my tutorial on converting guitar tab into Metroid Tuner tracks.  It's pretty easy, I included a print out you can use as a key.  You can find guitar tab for pretty much all of the Super Metroid music on the internet.

The tutorial is here in the Metroid forum as a topic (like the other tutorials), just scroll down the list and you'll find it.  Eventually I'll add them to the WIKI.

Meeptroid

Quote from: Grimlock on September 20, 2015, 12:53:03 PM
Have you been able to create any tracks on Metroid Tuner?  If you've been able to figure out the basics you should consider going through my tutorial on converting guitar tab into Metroid Tuner tracks.  It's pretty easy, I included a print out you can use as a key.  You can find guitar tab for pretty much all of the Super Metroid music on the internet.

The tutorial is here in the Metroid forum as a topic (like the other tutorials), just scroll down the list and you'll find it.  Eventually I'll add them to the WIKI.

OK, maybe I will attempt to create it on another ROM, thanks Grimlock!

Update: Yeah no, that makes no friggin sense to me....

Grimlock

Quote from: Meeptroid on September 20, 2015, 12:58:14 PM

Update: Yeah no, that makes no friggin sense to me....

You have to play around with the app, at first it's pretty confusing but you'll get to a point where it'll hit you and suddenly you've got it.  Anyway with game hacking you have to figure stuff like this out and put some effort in to get it down.  Trust me, it's easy AFTER the initial learning curve, commit about 2 or 3 hours into figuring it out and you'll have it.

Use a copy of your hack to experiment with various music tracks.  You can also copy paste some of the tracks I posted to help experiment with the app.