News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Hyper Metroid

Started by RealRed, February 22, 2015, 11:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAM

Quote from: RealRed on February 24, 2015, 01:02:49 PM
There was/is, actually. Vener's hack...
I actually completely forgot about his hack and decided "hyper" before someone mentioned it to me. I really like it now though and want to keep it. He can make a hyper metroid too if he wants but I dunno, he hasn't updated his topic in years.
That's OK. There are already 2 Ridley's Revenge hacks by different authors. If talk about term "Escape", go to hack page and search for it (press Ctrl+F). You'll find Escape, Escape 2 my Mr. Hiryu, Escape by devondev, Insane Escape, Escape from Planet Metroid and Escape from Norfair. And there are more: Escape from Metroid and Escape 1st which I haven't added yet. Same story for "Boss Rush".

Quote from: Quietus on February 24, 2015, 05:49:59 PM
I reckon we should lovingly refer to the mini Phantoon as Phantiny. :^_^:
I'm for Infantoon. =)

Quietus

Quote from: JAM on February 25, 2015, 06:09:02 PMI'm for Infantoon. =)
The 'fant' isn't pronounced the same, but it could still work. :^_^:

maxipower

Quote from: Quietus on February 25, 2015, 09:27:24 PM

And so Inphantoon was born... or however ghosts are created. I wonder if it works like the Coverns enemies.

Quietus

Urgh!  They're more like deformed triplets or something... :O_o:

Scooterboot9697

Quote from: Quietus on February 25, 2015, 09:27:24 PM
How is it pronounced, then? I always thought the "Ph" in "Phantoon" made an "F" sound, like "Phantom".

So, I've always pronounced it "Fan", like a fan, and "toon" like cartoon, or... Toon Link. :bounce:

Back on topic, this hack looks fun. Can't wait to play it. :nod:

Zero One

I've always pronounced "Phan" in Phantoon harder than "fan" in infant. It's more like "infunt" the way I say it. I think that's what he's getting at.

Quietus

Quote from: Zero One on March 04, 2015, 05:32:25 AM
I've always pronounced "Phan" in Phantoon harder than "fan" in infant. It's more like "infunt" the way I say it. I think that's what he's getting at.
Yup.  I'd pronounce the two as FAN-TOON and IN-FUNT, where FUNT rhymes with the end of 'haven't' or the start of 'until'.

On topic: I'm curious how the ammo works.  Does it just take more ammo to use the heavy guns?  Otherwise Supers would just make normal Missiles redundant.

RealRed

Missiles are just good old missiles. One ammo, one missile. I made absolutely sure that missiles remained a competent and valuable weapon throughout the game.
Super missiles take 10 ammo and do 8x damage. You're losing ammo but can lay down damage at incredibly fast speeds. Powerbombs cost 20 ammo. These are exellent room clearers, use ammo efficiently, and I'm (trying to) making them a more viable option for use against bosses.

Essentially as you get new weapons, older ones' pickups still remain useful as they contribute to one pool of ammo.
It's a pretty solid system.

Quietus

Quote from: RealRed on March 04, 2015, 09:08:21 AMEssentially as you get new weapons, older ones' pickups still remain useful as they contribute to one pool of ammo.
Yeah, that should work pretty well actually, instead of players having those deflated, sarcastic 'yay, more missiles' moments.[/i] :grin:

Zephoras

That norfair elevator... and the tourian shutter room... quite excited

OhCwap

One type of ammo to pickup sounds exciting!

Also, nice suit colors!

RealRed

I was going to put together a youtube video but video editors beat me up and took my wallet so instead I'll post what else I'm working on

Retroo

is that a picture from the intro? it looks great!

Quietus

SlyPork

Oh Lord, I just now realized (after looking at it on my computer) that that is ridley and not round flames  :whoa:

The Monster of Surrealton

I'm sold on this. Looks so sexy :O

RealRed

GET IT RIGHT HERE! It's time to hammer out ALL REMAINING BUGS, LET'S GO.

Cpt.Glitch

RT-55J

Man, I'm surprised that worked on a headered rom.

Black Falcon

Damn I'm stuck, How can I get to
[spoiler]
TEH HYPAA BEEM!??[/spoiler]

Any help?

RealRed

Black_Falcon: you need the swag sunglasses visor first

Hope everyone had a happy april fools!
I'll leave up the faek ips patch if anyone wants to check it out

Quietus

It was an April Fool's joke?  Fine.  I'm cancelling my 100% run. :stern:

RealRed

An update. Hyper Metroid is just about done!

There's one last polish feature I'm hoping to include (seeking help), but now it's just about down to final testing and tiny fixes. ON SCHEDULE!

Quietus

I can't say I'm a lover of the green colour in the status screen.  Otherwise, it looks lovely, as always.