News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Infusion (Metroid Fusion 3D)

Started by Zephoras, February 09, 2015, 11:26:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephoras

Taking the legendary atmosphere and story telling aspect of Metroid Fusion, and implanting it into the game play style of Metroid Prime, (With the addition of non-linearity and beloved elements) Reforged Games is tackling the herculean task of creating a 3D metroid fusion.

Unfortunately this task is extreme proportions, and we need more people to help with development. If you want to apply hit the website link at the bottom of the post, and hit the apply button on the top navigation bar/index!

Storyline: It is fusion... come on... you know this...

As to every post there must be screenshots/proof, Here is some work completed.
Docking Bay Horizontal Cut [spoiler]
[/spoiler]
^ what everyone has asked for.
Hud concept [spoiler] [/spoiler]
Genesis-x Concept[spoiler] [/spoiler]
Damaged SA-X concept (final battle) [spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Serris-X model [spoiler] [/spoiler]
Youtube Montage: (music is our custom omega metroid battle theme) [spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tJ56cW3kmw [/spoiler]
Music Playlist: [spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9PvdM0h6QofOEJEg-3d0NbTUC5IvoDrs[/spoiler]
A lot of more work exists, but we want to really keep it under wraps, thanks guys and hope you follow our facebook page or want to help out!

Facebook page with updates: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialReforgedGames

personitis

This sums up my expectations:
[spoiler=][/spoiler]
Feel free to prove me wrong in 2018 though.

Quietus

I'm not sure 'magnanimous' is the word you meant..? :O_o:

Anyway, good luck with the project. :^_^:

Zephoras

Quote from: Quietus on February 10, 2015, 04:37:24 AM
I'm not sure 'magnanimous' is the word you meant..? :O_o:

bad use of thesaurus i guess, thanks.

Quote from: person701 on February 10, 2015, 03:03:11 AM
This sums up my expectations:
[spoiler=][/spoiler]
Feel free to prove me wrong in 2018 though.
give us 6 months to polish it and such and we will prove you wrong with main deck.

Metaquarius

QuoteThe project manager is 16...? How does that work?
Age does not define skill, a 16 year old can do the... blah blah
:lol: Zephoras, you should remove this from the FAQ really....

The work you've showed us so far is not convincing to the slightest IMO. I know you're trying to attract potential helpers for the project but since "A lot of more work exists", just go ahead and present us something that looks like a game, not some 3D model slideshows.

Zero One

The problem with gaining interest that exists in both forums and the games development industry is that you need a "vertical slice": some incredibly polished section of the game used to gather interest. Plus, the thing with fangames is that 99% are going to die off, most of them in the earliest stages, see Metroid Prime 2D, OoT2D, Von Richter's SR388 thing, Blue Minerva. I would say if you're trying to attract attention and get people helping out with the project, polish something now and prove that you're capable of doing some great work. Doesn't necessarily have to be a big slice, just something that we can see that is good.

As both a Metroid fanboy and a games developer, I'd like to help out, but I wouldn't be willing to jump in without seeing more than what's already there.

Also, MalwareBytes really doesn't like your website. Don't know if that's my side or something on your website.

Zephoras

Yeah... forgot about that, really focusing on one screen area now. Thanks for the advice.

Kte

If I had any skills with this whatsoever, I would love to help, as I have long wanted a Prime-style, 3D remake of Fusion, but unfortunately I do not. I would be very pleased to see this project progress, and I can only hope it does.

Zephoras

Quote from: Metaquarius on February 28, 2015, 03:44:07 PM
QuoteThe project manager is 16...? How does that work?
Age does not define skill, a 16 year old can do the... blah blah
:lol: Zephoras, you should remove this from the FAQ really....

The work you've showed us so far is not convincing to the slightest IMO. I know you're trying to attract potential helpers for the project but since "A lot of more work exists", just go ahead and present us something that looks like a game, not some 3D model slideshows.
That FAQ though... and that was not my idea to show off 3D models only... and working on a polished room.

Edit: What the heck is going on with my images... it only shows half... Stupid photobucket

SlyPork

Quote from: Zephoras on February 09, 2015, 11:26:07 PM
     Taking the legendary atmosphere and story telling aspect of Metroid Fusion, and implanting it into the game play style of Metroid Prime, (With the addition of non-linearity and beloved elements) Reforged Games is tackling the herculean task of creating a 3D metroid fusion.

Unfortunately this task is extreme proportions, and we need more people to help with development. If you want to apply hit the website link at the bottom of the post, and hit the apply button on the top navigation bar/index!

Deja vu

Zero One

Merged the two Infusion threads. Don't need two of them open, especially if they're both on the same page.

Elliot_Ritchey

Quote from: Zero One on October 09, 2015, 11:18:34 PM
Merged the two Infusion threads. Don't need two of them open, especially if they're both on the same page.

I don't feel that it's necessary, if anything just remove the first post and keep mine.  Also in regard to what you previously said, that you would help if you saw a polished piece of work, I would be willing to show you some of the more recent things we have, however we're not currently ready to release a lot of information to the public yet.  Also if you're interested you can check our Facebook page that I linked, it has some recent stuff posted, not too much though.