News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2015 - Archives

Started by snarfblam, February 26, 2014, 05:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jordan5

That's a nice looking room, but. . .
Quote from: RulesFormat - Submit an editor screenshot of the room, not in-game screenshots.

RealRed

Quote from: Jordan5 on January 17, 2015, 07:09:09 AM
Quote from: RulesFormat - Submit an editor screenshot of the room, not in-game screenshots.
choosing to omit FX1, enemies, and other room functions for the sake of uniformity sounds like a flawed system.
I'm not painting a static picture, I'm making a real hack that you can play where things move and interact with the player, unlike a lot of people here.
If my picture doesn't qualify, that's too bad.

snarfblam

Quote from: Bloodsonic on January 17, 2015, 12:22:01 PM
I'm making a real hack that you can play where things move and interact with the player, unlike a lot of people here.

There isn't any reason the community can't reconsider the rule, but that is currently the rule. To me it seems like at least the FX1 is part of the room. But others have omitted it in the past for the sake of rules, so I don't know if it's really fair to make an exception.

Jiffy

Incase people didn't see it last week...

SlyPork

I like this alot Jefe. At a quick glance, it seems very busy and even a little cluttered, but with a closer look everything appears to be well-spaced and intentional instead of random. It actually reminds me alot of the Lower AQA area from Metroid fusion. Nice job  :^_^:

Quote58

Quote from: Bloodsonic on January 17, 2015, 12:22:01 PM
Quote from: Jordan5 on January 17, 2015, 07:09:09 AM
choosing to omit FX1, enemies, and other room functions for the sake of uniformity sounds like a flawed system.
I'm not painting a static picture, I'm making a real hack that you can play where things move and interact with the player, unlike a lot of people here.
If my picture doesn't qualify, that's too bad.

I don't know why you don't just put the room up normally and add the in game screenshot for reference the same way grimlock did this week (and like others have done previously), but if that's not your thing that's fine too your room doesn't qualify.

Borderjumper67

I rarely if ever do these.
Time to break that!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cloud20

Quote from: Borderjumper67 on January 18, 2015, 10:16:33 AM
I rarely if ever do these.
Time to break that!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Haves something Erisesque, I really love it

Quietus

Quote from: Borderjumper67 on January 18, 2015, 10:16:33 AMI rarely if ever do these.
I think the blocks across the top are too regular.  Perhaps try offsetting the rows to break it up a little..?

Qactis

Quote from: Quietus on January 18, 2015, 01:02:00 PM
I think the blocks across the top are too regular.  Perhaps try offsetting the rows to break it up a little..?
This and I think the dark gray CRE needs a bit more variation color-wise

Benki

had a couple minutes to throw something together so....

Qactis

Quote from: Benki on January 19, 2015, 01:05:35 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
had a couple minutes to throw something together so....
That is a beautiful room sir

Quietus

I quite liked Benki's room too, but Jefe gets my vote this week. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

Benki's room is basically Jefe's on roids so it gets my vote. Jefe a close second though, would've been my pick if not for the late entry. Nicely done.  :^_^:

Qactis

Really tough choice between jefe, benki, and grim for me. I ended up choosing benki because I just love the design. Grims graphics are A++ and I'll more than likely see his in action first. Sorry borderjumper, that dark gray CRE is gross to me, also don't understand the need for the CRE platform above the bottom door, there's nothing at the top of the room you need to reach.

MetroidMst

There are only two things this week. One, BorderJumper just needs more variance on his purple blocks, and Grimlock should make you feel bad because he is destroying your rooms with NEStroid.

Alisa Orlova

Grimlock. Snowdrifts of cocaine... SNES [SM] hacks or BUST!!!

Borderjumper67
-   Ceiling blocks are too often repeated.
-   Blood spots do not have volume, and look like paper.
-   Platform in the center of the screen just have no sense. No need to jump on top of it, because no door in the ceiling and player just can pass below it.
-   Tile error. Really?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Jiffy. Reminded me one Z-factor room. Okay, probably seemed. Basic brick blocks have a light and dark side. I think it is an obvious mistake to put them together and just flip one of them. Two objects are next to each other but have the shadow aimed in different directions. How? But i have to say, this room is very good. My vote for you.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Benki. It's obvious just mirror copy paste + scroll 0. But anyway, it's nice room as usual.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bloodsonic. Well... you made exactly 3 new tiles and it's all. In my opinion, just a three "flawless" tiles it's not a good reason to participate in contests. I guess it's actually not a reason for anything. But i have to say, i think it's good and fresh new stuff (as i know) and i hope what you will continue to move away from the nursery ideas of Redesign.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Grimlock

So it looks like my room is being "left out in the cold" by all these fancy SM rooms.  At least I can say with confidence that my room is the "coolest" this week   :cool: .  As a matter of fact I have been contacted by ICE CUBE the rapper regarding the extreme coolness factor enveloping my submission.  Apparently it has inspired him to come out of obscurity and release a new album:

[spoiler]

We are still working out the royalties contract for the use of my graphics....
[/spoiler]

ALSO...  :grin: it looks like all of the other rooms have attracted another star to return from obscurity:

The beloved:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]

So what ever happened to this fuzzy lovable dino friend from the past?

[spoiler]
After his TV series was terminated he proceeded to live out a life of drugs, violence, prostitution and criminal mischief...

[/spoiler]

Besides his previous success in the TV industry he has also know substantial success in the children's music CD industry.

The over abundance of purple in this weeks ROTW SM submittions has awaken a spark in this crusty old dino and he has unexpectedly reemerged on the musical scene....

I'm proud to announce his newest releases:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Grimlock

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on January 20, 2015, 09:17:35 AM
Grimlock. Snowdrifts of cocaine... SNES [SM] hacks or BUST!!!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cloud20

Quote from: Grimlock on January 20, 2015, 11:38:43 AM
So it looks like my room is being "left out in the cold" by all these fancy SM rooms.  At least I can say with confidence that my room is the "coolest" this week   :cool: .  As a matter of fact I have been contacted by ICE CUBE the rapper regarding the extreme coolness factor enveloping my submission.  Apparently it has inspired him to come out of obscurity and release a new album:

[spoiler]

We are still working out the royalties contract for the use of my graphics....
[/spoiler]

ALSO...  :grin: it looks like all of the other rooms have attracted another star to return from obscurity:

The beloved:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler]

So what ever happened to this fuzzy lovable dino friend from the past?

[spoiler]
After his TV series was terminated he proceeded to live out a life of drugs, violence, prostitution and criminal mischief...

[/spoiler]

Besides his previous success in the TV industry he has also know substantial success in the children's music CD industry.

The over abundance of purple in this weeks ROTW SM submittions has awaken a spark in this crusty old dino and he has unexpectedly reemerged on the musical scene....

I'm proud to announce his newest releases:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Grimlock you forgot this one   :heheh:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Benki

Jiffy

Worked on this thing for about 3 hours.
[spoiler=Old Entry][/spoiler]

[spoiler=New Entry]
Changed a few things, if you look closely.  :^_^:[/spoiler]

passarbye

I must say, that looks pretty fucking good.

Quietus

Yeah, I like the room too, though you could perhaps do something with those tiles that are the brightest blue.  They look almost like glitched tiles in parts.