News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room background problem

Started by maxipower, January 11, 2015, 08:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxipower

Hey guys, first of no doubt many problems on my way to make a SM hack. I have read many tutorials and haven't found a solution to my problem there. Ill break down my problem into steps.

1. I was looking to use a red brinstar room and convert it to Upper Crateria room.
2. When i did by selecting the #1 Tileset the map obviously got all garbeled I know the reason for that.
3. Problem is I cannot get a transparent background. I tried deleting the bg but the screen is now filled with doors.

Ps. Lucky i have a backup :P

NM I think i got it... POINTERS.. GRR i dont know how i missed that part of the FAQ

Jiffy

Quote from: maxipower on January 11, 2015, 08:56:57 AM
Hey guys, first of no doubt many problems on my way to make a SM hack. I have read many tutorials and haven't found a solution to my problem there. Ill break down my problem into steps.

1. I was looking to use a red brinstar room and convert it to Upper Crateria room.
2. When i did by selecting the #1 Tileset the map obviously got all garbeled I know the reason for that.
3. Problem is I cannot get a transparent background. I tried deleting the bg but the screen is now filled with doors.

Ps. Lucky i have a backup :P

NM I think i got it... POINTERS.. GRR i dont know how i missed that part of the FAQ

The Yellow Door Cap pieces are to do with the Layer 2 Background you may have added. Press F1 and get rid of the tiles this way.
And yes, it is to do with Pointers. Set the Pointer to 0000 and set the room to use a Layer 2 Background if you wish to (or change the pointer to something that a Crateria room uses, eg. B8B4.) :^_^:

maxipower

Thankyou for clearing that up for me. :) my hair was about to get pulled out.

FullOfFail

http://www.metroidconstruction.com/docs/FullOfFail_Layer2_Editing.rtf

I wrote this guide awhile back, it covers the sky-scrolling rooms too, which requires a few more steps.

Cpt.Glitch

I got some useful info out of this too. Sweet.