News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[HELP] Super Metroid - Morph Ball won't work

Started by super nintendo hacker, December 20, 2014, 11:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

super nintendo hacker

Sorry if this is the wrong section. I didn't see any other place for questions like this. Well, in my hack, I want the Morph Ball to be in a room in upper Criteria, not where it is now. So I changed the Morph Ball in lower criteria or whatever to a gray door and placed it in an invisible area, and changed a pointer thing in Criteria to Morph Ball. I get it fine, but it doesn't let me morph into a ball! Why can't I just drag the original Morph Ball into another room?  :mad:

Mettyk25jigsaw

If I remember correctly, 2 of the 3 available morph ball items (normal item, in chozo ball & hide in scenery) have the item value as an invalid value, off the top of my head I can't remember which ones are invalid and which one is valid, you might just need to change the item value with the item you've chosen to use to a valid item value. I think the value you want is '0004' from memory for morph ball. I will post this now and double check it in a little while and come back and re-edit this post only if it's wrong...

As for the dragging a morph ball from one room to another, if you mean it literally, it can't be done that way. You would need to change the Plm pointer in the room you want the MB in with the rooms PLM pointer that currently has the morph ball in...Or you could just point plm pointer to free space in bank 8F and add more plm's to room...

Jiffy

The Morph Ball in Chozo Ball and Morph Ball Hidden in Scenery don't give you Morph ball. Instead, they give Spring Ball. You'll have to switch over to normal Morph Ball, or use the Patch to fix it. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

What jefe said is right, but instead of applying a patch just change the item value of either of those two to '0004' as Metty said. Pretty simple fix, I assume the only reason the two are stored like that is because they're never used in-game.  :^_^:

SlyPork

Well if you're talking about the standard metroid, then it's because they don't have arms or legs  :nope:
Also their primary method of transportation is flying so they really have no need to crawl.

Quietus

I'm fairly certain that it's just one of those hilarious internet jokes... :neutral:

SlyPork

I know Quietus, my comment was heavily injected with "smart-assery". Text doesn't seem to portray that too well unfortunately  :nope:

Quietus

He he, yeah.  We could all do with some sarcasm tags. :^_^: