News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: So Much Hell v1.3

Started by The Monster of Surrealton, December 06, 2014, 02:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monster of Surrealton

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on January 29, 2016, 10:16:42 PM
Where is the varia suit location, I can't go further into upper norfair without getting heat damage.
Plus the lava pool at the bottom is far too worse when trying to cross it.
If it weren't for the enemies in my way, I could inch by it with a trinklet of energy to spare off of, but sadly no this time.......

[spoiler=Location]
In that huge room in Norfair where you Speed Booster jump to the Grappling Beam room. You pick up the Grapple, return to the big room, then use it to swing across to that area where the missile would be, but the Varia is there.
[/spoiler]

Steel Sparkle

Im not sure it could be done but if it could it would be funny if Energy recharge stations stole your Energy instead. Maybe that would be too much but i find it to be a funny thought. Then it would truely be hell. >:3

A Dummy

Well they are full of spikes, so you can still end up hurting yourself more than you get healed if you're not careful.

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: The Monster of Surrealton on January 29, 2016, 10:48:45 PM
Quote from: Dark-SA-X on January 29, 2016, 10:16:42 PM
Where is the varia suit location, I can't go further into upper norfair without getting heat damage.
Plus the lava pool at the bottom is far too worse when trying to cross it.
If it weren't for the enemies in my way, I could inch by it with a trinklet of energy to spare off of, but sadly no this time.......

[spoiler=Location]
In that huge room in Norfair where you Speed Booster jump to the Grappling Beam room. You pick up the Grapple, return to the big room, then use it to swing across to that area where the missile would be, but the Varia is there.
[/spoiler]

Well then my journey stops here and red beard will have to suffer for whatever he did.
Wonder if he stole the last ciderjack from captain hook on planet sr388 or turned into a rouge killing machine ??
As I see it, you put the varia waaayyyy down there, givin the current equipment I have I won't make it as I stated.
Good hack though, but somethings really shouldn't be that hard, not unless your aiming for super metroid impossible standards. :/

A Dummy

I'll admit, I only managed to get through this because I found some items early.

My first hint I give is "No pain, no gain."
Or I guess to put it another way, "Don't be afraid to take some damage to get what you need."

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: A Dummy on January 31, 2016, 11:15:30 AM
I'll admit, I only managed to get through this because I found some items early.

My first hint I give is "No pain, no gain."
Or I guess to put it another way, "Don't be afraid to take some damage to get what you need."

Well thats just it though, you know the second room in upper norfair on the right with the lava pool and those 2 flying enemies dipping down and up ?
Thats not really a great idea, he needs to move those enemies to the far left of the room.
Give samus enough time to pass through that tunnel at the top or dip down in the lava pool.
Jump up quickly and nail them with super missles and move on, Even after you get past that room.
There is another heated area, thats not really a great idea at all and no more energy tanks ?  :evilno:

If I had a reserve a tank and a power bomb to use, then yea I could get to wear hes talking about.
However he was clever enough to block off the path to the powers in eastern crateria and no wave beam to go back to green star.

He's quite clever I'll give him that much credit, but he needs to tone it down just a little bit before phantoon.
After that the real party begins with difficulty all the way to the end.  :twisted:

A Dummy

I do agree that the Norfair heat run could definitely use some work, especially if it's supposed to be one of the viable paths you can take.
I guess the question for Monster would be how many E-tanks are we expected to have to be able to survive the heat run?
Three, four, or even Five?
This part of the game could use some work at any rate.

Also early Power bombs from red Brinstar is still possible.
[spoiler]Just kill the Rippers with Super Missiles, and land on the spikes so you can climb up the wall before the block reforms.[/spoiler]

By the way, if you're wondering what I mean when keep talking about multiple paths.
[spoiler] There are actually 3 Varia suits that can be found.
One is located [spoiler] in Norfair where the Wave Beam used to be.  (Not sure if this one is actually possible to get right now.)[/spoiler]
The other one is in the big room before the Grapple beam like Monster already said.
And the third one is in [spoiler]The Wrecked Ship in the eastern hidden room full of water where an E-Tank used to reside.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

The Monster of Surrealton

Making changes now.

Fixed the permastuck in the vertical shaft, so it's possible to get the Wave Beam.
Made the bosses and some enemies harder and changed the altered ones palettes.
Adding more to certain rooms not touched in the current version.

Minor visual stuff:
Changed Red Crateria's palettes to have more than just red, and darkened the reds.
Tweaked the suit palettes and heat glows.

Quote from: A Dummy on February 01, 2016, 07:09:43 PM
I do agree that the Norfair heat run could definitely use some work, especially if it's supposed to be one of the viable paths you can take.
I guess the question for Monster would be how many E-tanks are we expected to have to be able to survive the heat run?
Three, four, or even Five?
This part of the game could use some work at any rate.

Also early Power bombs from red Brinstar is still possible.
[spoiler]Just kill the Rippers with Super Missiles, and land on the spikes so you can climb up the wall before the block reforms.[/spoiler]

By the way, if you're wondering what I mean when keep talking about multiple paths.
[spoiler] There are actually 3 Varia suits that can be found.
One is located [spoiler] in Norfair where the Wave Beam used to be.  (Not sure if this one is actually possible to get right now.)[/spoiler]
The other one is in the big room before the Grapple beam like Monster already said.
And the third one is in [spoiler]The Wrecked Ship in the eastern hidden room full of water where an E-Tank used to reside.[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Never thought of how many E-Tanks, so I added 2 more early in Norfair just in case so you'll have 5-6 minimum for the heat run.

Tomtroid

Well, this was indeed a challenging hack. Some rooms in Maridia are full of acid, like the room where you get the Plasma Beam. You'd have to get it, take out the Plasme Pirates and try to get out as fast as you can.

Of course, while So Much Hell has the challenging stuff that requires savestates, the MAJOR problem is that when you arrive at the landing site during the escape, the music stops and the sound effects do not play, and as soon as you enter your ship to leave the now exploding Planet Zebes, the game locks up (goes black); which means nobody can see their clear time, or their rate for collecting items.

Overall, this hack is worth the challenge.

PonchGaming

Not sure if bug (pretty sure it is), but when spore spawn battle begins, he's red. But when I shot him (with super missile) he turned back to the green color. Is it fixable :?: Besides that, so far so hard.
[spoiler][/spoiler]