News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

My project (updated) unnamed for now

Started by Cpt.Glitch, December 04, 2014, 10:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

[spoiler=Hack Type]Mini, maybe Full Hack if I find the time.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Summery]This hack may seem a bit silly for the simple fact that the main enemy of the game is the wimpy Geemers. But, what better way to start my first hack with silliness! The game won't be much different graphic and layout wise, mainly due to the fact that this is my first time designing rooms. But, I hope it turns out good. I haven't came up with an official name yet so the thread title may change if I get one. The hack isn't gonna be done for a while, but I decided to make a thread to let everyone know about it. I have yet to get good screenshots so the one I have are kinda lame for now. [/spoiler]
[spoiler=Story]The Geemers are becoming strong. Samus returns to Zebus to find out what is with the activity. To her surprise, the Geemers have made a hive, and must find the source of them before they overrun her.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Screenshots][/spoiler]

EDIT: I recently decided to go ahead and make it a full hack, also geemers while still very active in brinstar, are not going to be the main enemy. So, for now this hack is unnamed.

RealRed

sounds a little cheesy. No offense, but the geemer's AI is way too simple for innovation room. I think.
Do surprise me though!

Cpt.Glitch

I'll do my best! I have some cool plans to use. Maybe it'll work, maybe not :/. But hey, even if it's bad, It can't possibly  be the worst. If I could figure out how to clone the red geemer in particular, it would make things a bit easier.

crazyal02

Clearly, this hack needs Ridley retextured to be a giant flying Geemer.

Jiffy

Or, even better, shoot Geemerballs, instead of Fireballs. :^_^:

Retroo

i got to say that the suit is not looking that good for me.. anyways good luck!

Cpt.Glitch

@Retro
Yea that suit wast a final, I was just seeing what all I could do with SABS.

@jefe and crazya
If I managed to do that...I'd consider myself to be a god. Though, it would be pretty darn funny if I did.

Cpt.Glitch

I've been making some good progress. I have the suit palettes done and all that. I changed some physics but not too much. I've got the basic item progression that I want plus some hidden paths for sequence breaking. All I have to do left is all the room and enemy palette designs. I'll get some screenshots up later.