News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Site related: FAQ

Started by Lunaria, November 28, 2014, 01:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

We are also pushing for us to have an FAQ on the main site, of course, I'm not really that adept at the written word, nor do I feel like to take on this task too. Therefore, I figured that people here might have some good ideas on what to have in it, as well as the :effort: to write it up!

Ergo, this thread seemed like a good idea! Just write up a Q and an A for whatever you think would be good idea to have. Do note that these are not aimed at being used for hacking help or hacking guides, but rather to explain things for an "average" person who browses metconst. Stuff that might be a good idea to explain, for example: How does IPS patching work, what is an ROM hack, etc.

Anything you feel fits the bill is worth writing, do keep in mind that we'll have some people look over if it's a good idea before we add any to the page!

Quietus

I'll start by listing some things that I feel should be included:

Patching:

What is an .ips patch?
How do I apply an .ips patch?
Which ROM do I need to apply the .ips patch to?
What is the difference between a 'headered' and an 'unheadered' ROM?
How can I add or remove a header?

Forum:

How do I add pictures to my replies?
How can I link to a specific reply, and not just a topic or page?
How do I add a description for 'spoilers'?
Where should I start a topic for my hack project?
What do I need to include when I create a topic for my hack project?
Where should I create a topic if I want to know how to do something for my hack project?
I have read that I can get further help 'on our IRC channel'.  How do I connect?

There are probably more, but my brain feels frazzled today, so I'll rest for a bit. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

snibsnib

How do I add a youtube vid to my post?
Emulator says bad checksum
y cant metroid crawl?
Maybe explain what a .asm file is and how to apply it to a rom