News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Zebs explode Event? [SOVLED]

Started by Cpt.Glitch, December 02, 2014, 10:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cpt.Glitch

I have one question for now, and that is, "How do I set the end sequence in let's say a door?"
I've been messing with SMILE for a while now and came up with palettes, value changes, basic BTS, enemy and PLMs, scrolls, and a bunch of other stuff. (even rainbow powerbombs for Mst.  :nod:) But I can't seem to find a feature to move the end event. Does it require something outside of SMILE?

RealRed

Can you elaborate on "move the end event"?
You want a door transition to start the "zebes is exploding" event, basically?

Rooms that have multiple event states are what you're looking for. In the top right of SMILE (or, top left-ish in SMILE JX), rooms with multiple events will have a STANDARD 1, EVENT 1, EVENT 2...
In the original game, zebes exploding is triggered by the event "zebes timebomb set", which is set by motherbrain's defeat. You could make zebes exploding triggered by any event in the drop down list, such as [bosses] is dead, zebes is awake, etc.
Using JAM's FF events patch, you could make the event trigger from killing a single enemy too.
For a door transition to activate the event (or even start the countdown timer), you could use door assembly (the last four 0000 in a door pointer). To just set an event, it'd probably just be an LDA and STA, but I know little about assembly, so I can't tell you exactly how to do that one...

Cpt.Glitch

Quote from: Bloodsonic on December 02, 2014, 10:42:15 PM
Can you elaborate on "move the end event"?
You want a door transition to start the "zebes is exploding" event, basically?..
Yea. Sorry my explanations are pretty vague most of the time.  The single enemy one could work as well. So it would start when killing the specific enemy I put the event on? Hmm. I'll check it out. And I'll mess around with the door pointers and events and see what I can get. Thanks for your quick response.

RealRed

Check out this patch right here.

You basically place the PLM DB44 in the room you want the event set, and make sure the player clears the room's "enemies dead vs. enemies needed". Set the low (maybe the high? check the readme.) to the byte you want set, and then in the exploding rooms, go to state properties and set that to the same byte. (ie, plm has a low of 00, room's state is 00 - zebes is awake, event should occur.)

Cpt.Glitch

Ok. Just tested it. Works great. I've been searching google and room events but I cant figure out the zebes explodes value. And at this rate it'll take a few hours for me to test them all. Does anyone know what the event value is?  If not I could simply use the End Game BTS and have to same outcome. (sorta).

personitis

00 Zebes is awake
01 Big Metroid ate sidehopper?
02 Mother Brain's glass (is broken?)
03 Zebetite 1 (is destroied)
04 Zebetite 2 (is destroied)
05 Zebetite 3 (is destroied)
06 Phantoon Statue is grey
07 Ridley Statue is grey
08 Draygon Statue is grey
09 Kraid Statue is grey
0A Path to Tourian is open
0B Maridia tube is broken
0C Lower Norfair Chozo has lower acid
0D Shaktool cleared a path
0E Zebes timebomb set (escape imediately!)
0F Dachora and Etecoons saved
10 1st Metroid hall cleared
11 1st Metroid shaft cleared
12 2nd Metroid hall cleared
13 2nd Metroid shaft cleared
14 <Empty>
15 Outran Speed Booster lavaquake.
16-FF Unused/<Empty>

List of all the vanilla events. You're looking for 0E.

Cpt.Glitch

Thanks guys. Thanks to y'all I can officially dart my first SM hack.