News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Door Palette

Started by Alisa Orlova, October 17, 2014, 01:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alisa Orlova

Hi, my sweet seahorses! How are you today bros?
I don't care actually. :<_<:

Question:
Seems that the door tubes must always be in the palette №1. Am i right?
I talking only about door transfer animation.

MetroidMst

They don't have to always be in that palette line. They can be whatever line you want. However, if you change it in one tileset, it will change across every tileset. (Because the CRE does that)

Now, if you're asking about the fadeout, they have to be in palette line 1 to not get faded out.

Alisa Orlova

Quote from: MetroidMst on October 17, 2014, 01:52:40 PM
Now, if you're asking about the fadeout, they have to be in palette line 1 to not get faded out.
How can I modify and combine several lines of palette to not get the black door in " fade out" ?
I need something like this.

MetroidMst

With what I think I am seeing in your graphic, the easiest solution would be to make the same exact palette on line 0, and have the tiles you want to fade out use line 0.

Alisa Orlova

Quote from: MetroidMst on October 17, 2014, 02:35:34 PM
With what I think I am seeing in your graphic, the easiest solution would be to make the same exact palette on line 0, and have the tiles you want to fade out use line 0.
M... Dammit, I should have guessed!
I should have read "GF_Kennon" document first.
Four unoccupied cells in palette #1! Thanks for the tip sir MST, nice number of messages to help.