News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

PLM D70C now crashes the game. [SOLVED]

Started by RealRed, October 22, 2014, 02:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealRed

The PLM for the top left corner of the maridia tube, in my hack, crashes any room that it's in.
Unfortunately, I have little insight as to why that would be... the last backup that I have where it doesn't crash the game is from three months ago. damn.
it's location, I'm assuming $84D70C, hasn't changed since the backup, and I don't remember inserting any assembly that would modify my plms since then either.
So uh... What's going on? How do I figure it out?

P.JBoy

Strange. When does it crash, as soon as the room loads or when you power bomb it or?

RealRed

Oh, right. When the room loads. Towards the end of a door transition on the way in, and it doesn't have to be on the screen to crash the game, either.
Oh, and also I think this might help. This seems to have begun happening when I cleared out 8F:8000 and 8F:C200 of all of the game's original plm data.

EDIT: SOLVED.
a High of 80 was crashing the game. Dammit! guess Jam's FF Events patch undoes that.

Mettyk25jigsaw

Just thought I'd mention something to you Bloodsonic, sounds like you have patched JAM's patch 'FF events and tubes', it's good that you have solved the high of 80 issue but there 'may' possibly be another issue with the patch that 'is' troublesome and I thought I'd mention it to you before you go and put a whole heap more tubes in your hack...
     In my hack, this below mentioned issue happens but it might not happen for you because it may be a clash of different patches inside my rom but not yours...

The issue is that in any room in Maridia, when I go and open the map screen by pressing start on my gamepad then I exit, the next time I load inside a tube room the room crashes...

My advice is to go to a room right before one of your tube rooms and open up your emulator in it, once opened, open up the map screen and close the map screen then go inside the tube room and see if the room crashes. I hope it doesn't for your sake...

Good luck...

PS...I haven't noticed any issues at all with the FF events part of the patch, just the tubes part (in case you still want to use it and without the tubes [on the part that there is an error with the tubes--if there are no errors then it's all good])...