News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Community Stardust Race

Started by MetroidMst, September 30, 2014, 01:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

If anyone was having trouble with doing a 2-round Spore Spawn, I discovered a set up that makes the second round trivial. It does require hitting him with two Supers the first round however. If you get the hang of that somewhat consistently though, this should be an easy way to always nail the second round.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDLUsq452ok[/spoiler]

Quietus

Quote from: MetroidMst on December 11, 2014, 06:47:04 PMIf anyone was having trouble with doing a 2-round Spore Spawn, I discovered a set up that makes the second round trivial.
[noembed]Hmm...[/noembed] :neutral:

personitis

You goof. I did it like that multiple times in my practices after seeing Quietus doing that. It's even in my 0:20! :FURY:

Figure I should add that I'm pretty flexible on the timing of this race. If I don't show up though, don't stress and start without me.

MetroidMst

Somehow Quietus, I assumed you jumped both times when I saw the two round in your video. Maybe it was because I practiced it that way? I don't know.

Quietus

It's OK.  We cool, Mst. :glomp:

foosda

I could jump on the bandwagon here and say I've been doing it that way as well, but I'd rather just say any weekend that is not the weekend of the 24th/25th is ok with me.

Cpt.Glitch

I should be able to make any weekend. But if I can't for some reason, it's no big deal.

MetroidMst

Details are now in the first post. If it needs adjusted, we still have some time to do so.

SpoOkyMagician

The 10th and 2PM EST? :^_^:

I am fine with the date AFAIK. The time seems perfect to me. I usually go get something to eat at 3PM. (1 hour is plenty of time.) If the time is changed, try not to go earlier than 12-1PM EST. (If it can be helped. I wake up late in the afternoon.) If it's later than that, I don't think I could join in that case. If more people prefer a different time, I don't mind being out of it. (I still am using a slow-ish route that I don't intend to change.)

~ SpoOkyMagician

Jiffy

Goddamn, Jan 10th is the Friday of the week I go back to school. I can still attend, however, I may not finish. If you really want me to finish, either change the time to at most an Hour earlier, Or, change the date to earlier than Jan 5th. :^_^:

Wait. I'm just being dumb. 10th of Jan is a Saturday. I'm fine with that. Also, I probably will finish, since it's the weekend.  :colonrightv:

SlyPork

That time will work perfectly for me. Now I should probably get around to actually practicing the hack, let alone beating it in the first place  :heheh:

thedopefish

The 10th sounds great.  I will endeavor to lose gracefully--I mean, crush all you noobs.

foosda

2nd Saturday in January sounds great. .ready to die

Vismund Cygnus

I'll either be there or be working, or most likely sleeping because I'll be working later that day but hey, we'll see!

SlyPork

Was anyone else aware that you could have missiles after you beat mother brain and before you start the escape?

Edit: Of course, to do so you would have to have a rather high missile count lol

Also, My horrible and completely blind first run of the hack ever.
[spoiler]2:39 with %70 item collection[/spoiler]
second, less-horrible run
[spoiler] 0:54 with %63 item collection[/spoiler]
third run with ton of mess ups
[spoiler] 0:41 with %53 item collection[/spoiler]

foosda

indeed. as a matter of fact, you could actually have hundreds (thousands?) of missiles/supers/powerbombs. would require 2 more PB/super/missile packs than optimal, however.

Cpt.Glitch

I haven't practiced in a while. Probably won't change too much if I did. Hopefully I can make it for the race and have some fun.

Megakidicarus

SpoOkyMagician

Quote from: Cpt.Glitch on December 26, 2014, 10:42:17 PM
I haven't practiced in a while. Probably won't change too much if I did. Hopefully I can make it for the race and have some fun.

Same here. :wink:

~ SpoOkyMagician

MetroidMst

Just a friendly reminder from your local neighborhood Shy Guy, that there is now just a week left until the race! So things are pretty set in stone now. Be around before 2PM, because the race is starting then. Also, there will be a call in Mumble, and if you want to do some sort of recording for a compilation/comparison/whatever video later and send it my way, feel free to do so.

Otherwise, use this week to practice up some and knock the rust. We're going to turn this race into the best ever.

Cpt.Glitch

About to do my last practice run. I hope it goes well.

personitis

Heh. My practice session has just begun. :heheh:

personitis

Jordan5

I know I was getting a lot of awful rng and general BS earlier but I really felt for you when this happened. . . :mad:

It was really just a secret ShyGuy plot to keep the WR for a little longer :wink:

Cpt.Glitch

OBS isn't working for me so should I use SNES9x instead?