News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Havent even started, and already having trouble!

Started by themetroidprime40, September 24, 2014, 08:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themetroidprime40

:nope:

I am not sure if I am using the right forum division but this thread but.....
As everyone pretty much knows Im pretty new to Modding. However , I haven't even started and Im already having problems and bugging  :neutral:. I have been trying to open up the Super Metroid Rom in SMILE but it keeps giving me this error message;

I am betting the problem is probably simple, and ill probably give myself a facepalm when someone answers me. I would really appreciate any answers. And thanks in approximation.

Parabox

A PAL ROM will be marked (E). If it's a (JU) ROM and it's being detected as PAL, there's some issue with the size of the ROM.

themetroidprime40

Quote from: Parabox on September 24, 2014, 08:10:08 AM
A PAL ROM will be marked (E). If it's a (JU) ROM and it's being detected as PAL, there's some issue with the size of the ROM.

Ived used both types of Roms, and its doing the same thing, maybe I should try to download a new JU Rom and try that instead.

EDIT :

Now I got this with a new JU Rom , I am thinking this is most likely a problem with my computer instead.

Quietus

I already explained about the ROM. :cry:

That link only really explains the error.  To spell it out: You need to create a new folder, and name it 'plugins'.

TobiMikami

I would have quoted that if I wasn't too lazy as to dig it up, so to summarize what Quietus already said you're looking for "Super Metroid (JU) [!]" Just copy and paste that into Google. It's the very first link that comes up. You should have all the files if you downloaded from Jathys' website, if not, or it just isn't there, take Quietus' advice above.