News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid room black except Samus Visor

Started by TobiMikami, September 11, 2014, 12:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TobiMikami

Didn't overwrite any palettes or data or anything, just imported some tile tables, but I got this problem where the rooms work perfectly fine except you can't see anything except the glow on Samus's visor and there's no FX1

EDIT: It only seems to do this when I launch the game with ZSNES, in SNES9X It works just fine, however, my problem is when I test with Quickmet in SNES9X I only get the basic startout like you would from the beginning in Ceres even though in my game run preferences I have everything equipped (Which works in ZSNES)

Jiffy

Most likely you're using the tilesets that belonged to Ceres, outside of Ceres.

TobiMikami

If I'm correct the Ceres tiles are in the 20's of the tilesets, the room i noticed this happening in was set to set 7 which I believe is originally Brinstar, but like I noticed in the edit I think it's an emulator thing I just don't know why

Jordan5

search your computer for 'quickmet.srm' and try deleting them, then when you quickmet in you should have the items you have selected. Ceres is tilesets 16 and 17, btw :^_^: