News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Quotes for apply?

Started by JAM, September 03, 2014, 06:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAM

I thought, could we add more quotes to the main site? Of course, we can. It haven't updated it a lot. Why not to make a topic of it?

I'd like to add some things like well known (and not so well known) memes and quotes. At least, these 4:

You can't even say "ASM" without "SM"
Was somewhere at M2k2. Why not to use it?

Runtime-error 76
Well known bug. Just no comment. Although, no. There will be comment. NOT BECAUSE OF ME!

[bad checksum] or BAD ROM or CHSUM:FAIL
A lot of us see one of these messages when running the hacks. Ironic part is that JU version of Super Metroid have bad checksum (E version have correct checksum, although).

80 FE
Just infinite cycle. Loop that never ends.

personitis

Though the list doesn't get added to all that often, I have noticed quite a few stealthy additions ("That's no punny" being the most recent I've seen should I be correct), but who cares? The more the merrier. :awesome:

Zhs2

I do it when I'm bored and staring at the admin panel, hence 'stealthy'. Yes, I am responsible for advertising my fanfiction.

Quietus

"It looks like Redesign..."
"Backup, backup, BACKUP!"
"Check Facts, and Get Stacks of Hex Hacks"

Jordan5

"Because Zebes needs a reason to explode again"

"DREWWWW!" just because redesign

Vismund Cygnus

"Where everybody is treated with an equal amount of respect"
"EA EA EA EA EA EA EA"
"Where we only hack Super Metroid"
"Modification of critical issues" (as a reference to IRC)
"Top Hacks 2013 coming soon!"
"Where we don't understand the meaning of deadlines"

I could think of more.
Many, many more.
On a side note I'm sure I could add some of the clever-er ones.

TobiMikami

"IT REALLY SUCKS, BUT THEN YOU FIND IT ISN'T SO BAD BECAUSE YOU GOT A MEAL OUT OF IT." - MST's greatest quote.

personitis

"5% hacking, 95% other things."

...or some kind of spin on the majority of us being lazy.

JAM

Quote from: Zhs2 on September 03, 2014, 06:55:42 PM
I do it when I'm bored and staring at the admin panel, hence 'stealthy'. Yes, I am responsible for advertising my fanfiction.
I started this topic to update main site quotes (but hey, forum quotes also can be added). Main site -- for a global well know things like Run-time error 76 and CHSUM:FAIL.
Forum -- for a more local things.

A few more from me:
To get an ORGASM, set the right ORG and write the right ASM there.

Making the workable ASM code and watching as is executes is as cool as getting ORAl SECs.

Don't ask about these two. I saw a very strange dream recently. Possibly will write it to the dream topic.

DE4D MAN SWITCH
This one related to the room that set event $0E (Zebes is exploading). Next one to the Mother Brain room.

Where no one is testing released patches.
Or something like that. This one releated to users who download the patches, but don't notice (or just don't report) the bugs.
BF's Skipping Ceres v2 was used so many times before I noticed the bug (start and die).
My Long Beam patch was released 2 years ago and only CrAzY remind me that I forgot to add the PLM code.

Don't bubble bubbles until bubbles bubbles you.
Enough bubbles this time? =)

Try coding something else than BTS 03 of Fool X-Ray.

Zhs2

Quote from: JAMI started this topic to update main site quotes (but hey, forum quotes also can be added).
Oh. Don't fool yourself, nobody manages those anymore I bet. (Vismund could if he wanted to, and so can you!) Oh well, added a few more to the forum!

As a side note, I try to refrain from directly spiting people. (There used to be hypocritical quotes in the rotation, but apparently I've since removed them.)

Jiffy

Metroid Construction - the place where the first 90% of a hack takes 10% of the time; the last 10% takes 90% of the time
Metroid Construction - the place where the forums tell you nothing, you have the right to bug IRC all day long about it

Quietus

Quote from: Jefe962 on September 08, 2014, 11:48:14 AMMetroid Construction - the place where the forums tell you nothing, you have the right to bug IRC all day long about it
Hey, I resent that! :cry:

JAM

Quote from: Jefe962 on September 08, 2014, 11:48:14 AM
Metroid Construction - the place where the first 90% of a hack takes 10% of the time; the last 10% takes 90% of the time
I could say more about this.

Progress of getting closer to 100% is similar to executing square root for a number between 0 and 1.

Approaching to 100% when hacking is like approaching from 0.1 to 1 using square root as interation.
Now I've described this better.
Try to do this using calculator, starting from 0.5. You'll get:

(although, on some calculator you'll never pass value 0.99999999998)

Familar, huh? "Super Metroid [hack name] v0.998". Almost done!

Oh, and I forgot this:
0 = 1
TRUE ONLY FOR METROIDS! (Because Zero Mission is a remake of part number 1.)

Lunaria

"This hack needs more Red Crateria"

JAM

THE OPERATION WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY. CLEAR TIME HH:MM
Show the actual global time in this one.

Your rate for collecting items is 135%
Max% possible by GT code. 'Nuff said. =)

Super Metroid digital archaeology HQ.
Because we've found a lot of unused code and "what was planned to do".

crazyal02

Jordan5

Where the Master inflicts pain and suffering

personitis

Quote from: JAM on September 21, 2014, 06:13:28 PM
Super Metroid digital archaeology HQ.
I like this one a lot. :heheh:

"You'll never finish it."

Quietus

Did we ever have the "Metroid = Edit ROM" in the list.  I've seen that mentioned a few times over the years.

TobiMikami

Quietus

MetConst: Service with a SMILE.

Digital_Mantra

JAM

Backup! Because no one will did it for you here.

or

No one will back you up here. You must do it yourself.

Digital_Mantra

Didn't back up your ROM?
Aaaand it's corrupted.

JAM

To understand meaning of all these 0's and 1's sometimes you need to drink 0.5
Based on russian proverb "Can't understand this without a bottle"

Revealing dark secrets of R&D1. One time per month.

Metroid Construction - making a Half-hacks with static spikes since 2004.
This one for the forum. Just because these hacks with newbie errors are made in current time too.