News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Plm loading behind Layer1 or transparent

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, August 17, 2014, 09:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettyk25jigsaw

Hi,

Does anyone know a way on which to make PLM's (at least door caps--doesn't matter about any of the other PLM's[although I would be fine with it doing the others too]) to load behind layer 1, so that when samus loads into a room, instead of having the plm's show on top/infront of layer 1, it hides behind layer 1 instead...

If this above question can't be done, is there a way to make door cap PLM's (door caps only for this one) completely transparent so that they are invisible and they can be seen through or at least as much as possible.

You may be wondering why I would want to do this, but don't worry, there is method in my madness....Keep in mind that I still want normal beam doors to show up and be visible...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thankyou...

Quietus

I presume there's a reason that you need the door cap, even though it's transparent?  Otherwise, you could just not have the cap there. :neutral:

P.JBoy

Making the door have no graphics would be very easy; you'd just have to clone the door PLM and edit the door's drawing instructions so that it loads the same block type but with different graphics (presumable the air block).

As for making the PLM be behind layer 1; it's possible...

Mettyk25jigsaw

Thanks PJBoy,

How would you actually do those two options though, where in rom would you go and what to put? Thanks...

knuckles

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on August 18, 2014, 07:45:11 PM
Thanks PJBoy,

How would you actually do those two options though, where in rom would you go and what to put? Thanks...
I think it requires asm.

JAM

Quote from: knuckles on August 18, 2014, 09:09:53 PM
Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on August 18, 2014, 07:45:11 PM
Thanks PJBoy,

I think it requires asm.
None of these two. Just a lot of hex editing at right places.

EDIT: And I thought that I'm pervert...

P.JBoy

It'd be about 80% hex editing and 20% ASM. I'll take you through the process if you come onto the #metconst IRC

Mettyk25jigsaw

Thanks PJBOY, but however I found another way of doing what I wanted to achieve and no longer need any help on it because it is doing the same thing but in a different way...Thanks for your offer though...