News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Echo, Echo...

Started by Grimlock, August 13, 2014, 04:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

That's what I'm hearing in the M1 forum, there must be 95% SM related members and 5% other (one half of one percent M1).  Sure would be nice to see some other M1 hacks going.  Anyone working on anything M1?  :?:

snarfblam

When I joined this forum, the M1 section was pretty much my own personal playpen. Nothing of interest happened on the M1 front until Infinity's End released MDBtroid. Then along came 'Roidz, Mother Brain Returns, and Incursion.

Off the top of my head, I am aware of four M1 hacks currently in progress, Rogue Dawn included, each with varying degrees of promise and likelihood.

Some folks like to keep quiet about their hacks until they near completion. Just because you're not hearing much doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Grimlock

Yea, that's true.  I guess I see the community SM has and part of me wishes M1 had the same thing going on.  People can draw a lot of inspiration off of each other by sharing ideas and bouncing thoughts around. 

MetroidMst

I think I've found that most people don't even play M1 just because they are a fan of the original, whereas Super has a pretty massive following already. So interest and activity will most likely be based in Super. And anyone hoping for any activity in either ZM or Fusion is pretty much waiting on Hawntah to do a hack thing in ZM.

It would be nice to see more activity in it. Perhaps the next time a contest pops up, someone will enter something other than a Super Metroid hack. . .

knuckles

If I had the time, I'd hack nestroid and zm. but lately, I don't even have time for my other projects.

Quietus

I began tackling Zero Mission, but never got very far with it, but must admit that I've never had much interest in M1.  It's not that I don't like it, just that Super was the first I played (and loved), and it just felt hard to 'step down' to M1.  I suspect that if it had more responsive controls, I'd give it a go.  I'm thinking of Batman when I say this, as that always felt like a really smooth game for the NES.

I'd also agree with Mst, in that the hacking communities are generally a representation of the game's fanbase.  Once Prime hacking really gets off the ground, I suspect its hacker list will be huge, simply due to its near universal popularity.

knuckles

I don't know if this has been  done yet, but I have plans to edit samus' "justin bailey" sprites to look more like samus' zero suit look. I would also change her justin bailey colors.

RT-55J

I like Metroid 1, but I'll admit I'm not much of a hacker. I mean, I have ideas, but have never really built up the traction/motivation to do anything with them.

The Monster of Surrealton

I'm working on Metroid in Surrealton, though I haven't made a thread for it, yet.

Up until today, I hadn't worked on it in months because I've been fixated on card games.