News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid - Rogue Dawn

Started by Grimlock, August 02, 2014, 11:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biospark

Why is the minimap not in the top right corner of the screen?

PonchGaming

Are those actually space pirates or just a reskin

Grimlock

Quote from: biospark on September 17, 2015, 04:11:44 PM
Why is the minimap not in the top right corner of the screen?

The issue is with the sprite limit per row on the NES, PKstarship is correct.  Snarfblam mentioned possibly reworking the HUD layout again but I'm not sure what he has in mind, I missed him the last few times I've been on the MC IRC.

Quote from: PonchGaming on September 17, 2015, 05:51:19 PM
Are those actually space pirates or just a reskin

Those are what I call "storyline elements".  They are there just to add to the atmosphere of the area.  They don't have an actual gameplay function other than to enhance the player immersion. 

PKstarship

So, that item in one of the screenshots, is that the Wall Jump?

Meeptroid

He has clearly said at the bottom of his first post, that both the Wall Jump and the Spring Ball will be new items he's adding, this is the hack I am looking most forward to.

Grimlock

Quote from: PKstarship on September 18, 2015, 12:17:44 AM
So, that item in one of the screenshots, is that the Wall Jump?

Since you asked at RHDN also, here's my RHDN answer:

The sprite is going to be replaced with something less Chozo looking and more of what you would expect to find on a pirate ship.

What it is yee'll ave ta play de hack to find out!   :wink:

Meeptroid

So, either Wall Jump or Spring Ball is gonna be pirate technology? That's an idea I have never seen before! Good luck man, you need it!

Grimlock

Quote from: Meeptroid on September 18, 2015, 09:05:32 AM
So, either Wall Jump or Spring Ball is gonna be pirate technology? That's an idea I have never seen before! Good luck man, you need it!

I don't want to give away too much but it's not either of those.  I personally would only expect to find weapons on a pirate ship.

Quietus

I know what it is, and I would like to say that Guybrush Threepwood taught me well, so I would choose the option "I am rubber; you are glue." :grin:

PKstarship

Quote from: Grimlock on September 18, 2015, 08:51:17 AM

Since you asked at RHDN also, here's my RHDN answer:

The sprite is going to be replaced with something less Chozo looking and more of what you would expect to find on a pirate ship.

What it is yee'll ave ta play de hack to find out!   :wink:

Aah! The suspense is killing me! :^_^:

Also, 100th post! WOOO! Missile Tank aquired!

advancedpillow

Mon732

Nice work so far Grimlock.

Quote from: Quietus on September 18, 2015, 10:04:35 AM
I know what it is, and I would like to say that Guybrush Threepwood taught me well, so I would choose the option "I am rubber; you are glue." :grin:
Woo, Monkey Island! :D

Quietus

Yeah, but we better not get too off topic, or we'll be quick LeChucked out. :oh:

Meeptroid

Darn it! Grimlock! I seriously wanna play this awesome lookin thing! I cannot wait for this monstrosity of a hack to come out!

Grimlock

Based on my 2-do list I figure I'm 40 hours of work away from play testing and roughly 100 hours from completion (for graphics and level design related tasks).

PKstarship

I was curious, after Metroid: Rogue Dawn is released, will you be releasing the slope detection thing as a patch, so others can make more realistic environments?

Grimlock

Quote from: PKstarship on September 20, 2015, 01:22:31 PM
I was curious, after Metroid: Rogue Dawn is released, will you be releasing the slope detection thing as a patch, so others can make more realistic environments?

All of the ASM is Snarfblam's work, it's entirely up to him.  If he does I'd certainly be willing to write a tutorial on implementing it in level designing.  I can tell you though it's pretty tricky to get right depending on the level design.  A designer would have to be very comfortable with graphics editing and structure creation to really use it to it's fullest potential. 

Grimlock

Title Screen Work in Progress:

It's still an early draft, no animations yet.  I might add a moon...  The ship in orbit is the ship you start in.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Meeptroid

*Meeptroid's jaw commences to drop down to the Earth's Core* HOLY SHIT, THAT'S FRIGGIN AMAZING

Grimlock

I added moons:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Meeptroid

Damn, Grimlock, that looks nice. I might have you do my title screen if you would be willing to.

PKstarship

That does look really good. I can't wait to finally play this, hopefully it's close to completion :^_^:

Grimlock

Thanks, I'd say we'll have it released in November or December.  Level design is 100% minus some potential add ins that are being considered, music is maybe 70%, ASM is probably 90%.

PonchGaming