News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

TURN OFF MUSIC?

Started by bot01, July 28, 2014, 02:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bot01

Hi i wanted to know if its posible make an ips that turns off every music track of the game; just not the sound effects.
I want it to play it listening ambient music and maybe some electronics.. if it exist can give me a link for it? or, in case it didn't, would it be very complicated create one? cheers

Vismund Cygnus

Sure, it would be easy to do. All you'd need to do is go through every single room in SMILE and change the music to "Collection: 00 - None" and "Play: 00 - No Change".
It's that simple, however it would be rather time-consuming. Certainly more effort than I'd say it's worth just so you can listen to your own music playing it (I think the original music is perfectly fine.  :heheh:).
So yeah, it's simple, it would just take a lot of time, like many things hacking related.

bot01

/o/  haha i was thinkin in somethin like an universal IPS that works with any hack automatically.

welll seems t dosent exist. PS: by the way, sure SM has an incredibly awesome soundtrack, it is one of my favourties ost for a game, but repeating the same songs all over and over again on every hack is kind of killing it for yourself.

Vismund Cygnus

Actually, I might have derped a little. I haven't tried it, but I believe this patch might disable the in-game music, giving you the sweet sound of nothingness. Theoretically you should be able to patch it over the top of any hack, assuming it does what it says it does.

bot01

Excellent! Thank you very much, it works perfectly. PS: SM feels so cool without music, i love the effects sounds. I got in mind some really cool slow- ambiental trip hop- like tracks to play with,and will include the ost of ghost in the shell. Its gonna be awesome.