News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

just a Q about super metroid Hack..need this

Started by kaicooepr, July 24, 2014, 01:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaicooepr

hi there

how u doin guys?
i remember playing metroids yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaars  ago when i was young early 90's

anyway i just got into Metroid Franchise and started with Metroid Zero Mission and completed
it last night...anyway ..now im playing super metroid..i heard there's hacks and i tried 2 hacks for my
first Super Metroid gameplay..

Broject Base..i didint like the color that much but the most annoying is that in the begining of the game
there's no time limit and fighting with first boss and earth quick like it hppn in the Original !!!

Redesighn.. i didnt give it much time but looks great

anyway..i know Super Metroid has better atmosphere and great gameplay

but i just wanna know one thing..wich hack has the same atmosphere and original missions and story
but ADDS better graphics and some extra stuff?

and thanx

Jordan5

I think the answer to your question is actually Project Base 0.7. Unfortunately, you don't like the new palettes? I think PB looks amazing personally and with the new rooms it's just awesome, but i guess that's your opinion.

If you want hacks with new graphics, try Phazon Hack 0.3 or Ice Metal. These both have 'extra stuff', too. If you like the graphics of redesign, try Z-Factor, which i personally prefer. If you want something of similar difficulty, try Legacy. It's made by the same person that made redesign but it's smaller and much easier (and much less raging). Woah, where the hell did i read that from?

I hope this answers your question. Try looking on the Main Site for the list of hacks and try the ones that take your fancy. There are many different hacks so you just have to try them and see which ones you like.

Quietus

Quote from: Jordan5 on July 24, 2014, 01:30:54 PMIf you want hacks with new graphics, try Phazon Hack 0.3 or Ice Metal.
or Super Zero Mission, especially since you've just finished the actual Zero Mission.

Quote from: Jordan5 on July 24, 2014, 01:30:54 PMtry Legacy. It's made by the same person that made redesign
Are you sure?  Banana Oyaji = Drewseph? :O_o:

I'd also recommend Life for similar difficulty. :^_^:

kaicooepr

Quote from: Quietus on July 24, 2014, 02:10:23 PM
Quote from: Jordan5 on July 24, 2014, 01:30:54 PMIf you want hacks with new graphics, try Phazon Hack 0.3 or Ice Metal.
or Super Zero Mission, especially since you've just finished the actual Zero Mission.

Quote from: Jordan5 on July 24, 2014, 01:30:54 PMtry Legacy. It's made by the same person that made redesign
Are you sure?  Banana Oyaji = Drewseph? :O_o:

I'd also recommend Life for similar difficulty. :^_^:

bro..i tried super zero mission and i got excited but the problem no story !!!!!!
it just play directly without original story and first original story mission !!! dose it suppose to be like that? i mean he's mod starts
directly in zebas planet !!

kaicooepr

Quote from: Jordan5 on July 24, 2014, 01:30:54 PM
I think the answer to your question is actually Project Base 0.7. Unfortunately, you don't like the new palettes? I think PB looks amazing personally and with the new rooms it's just awesome, but i guess that's your opinion.

i like project base but i still donno why the hacker removed most amazing stuff
like the first mission...i remember in the original there's a dark place in the first mission
and a boss u should fight after he steal the baby alien and there's WARNING TIME and also shaky camera
and great stuff..he removed these !!!!!  :(

kaicooepr

i just want to clear somthing maby i didint say it before

i mean SUPER METROID is my first time play..so i need the original story with hack (graphics and extra stuff)..cus i tried now Super Zero Mission and PH.3 ..they r amazing but its not original story cus its like new metroids with new stuff ..i need somthing has extra stuff and graphics but there's the atmosphere and original missions and story... i appreciate ur answers..BIG THANX

i have a Q..about Redesighn mod..i really like it and also new pyshics is amazing ...also it has the same story ...anyway
dose it have the main missions and story ?

Smiley

Well, if you want a hack that mostly follows the story and layout and whatnot of the original SM, your best bet is to check the half hack section here.

Also, if not having Ceres the way it is in the original... well, too bad. Most hacks get rid of it completely. Older hacks usually have it like in the original and some hacks modify it.

Oh, and just so you know, complaining about a hack being different than the original game doesn't quite make sense. :razz: They are hacks, not... uhh, DLC? Remakes? I don't know.

kaicooepr

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on July 24, 2014, 03:46:12 PM
Well, if you want a hack that mostly follows the story and layout and whatnot of the original SM, your best bet is to check the half hack section here.

Also, if not having Ceres the way it is in the original... well, too bad. Most hacks get rid of it completely. Older hacks usually have it like in the original and some hacks modify it.

Oh, and just so you know, complaining about a hack being different than the original game doesn't quite make sense. :razz: They are hacks, not... uhh, DLC? Remakes? I don't know.

thanx for answer brother..
i just relized that most hacks r just new stuff and new exploaring and stuff

but i'll try half now

kaicooepr

seems like my previews save made every mod start directly from ZEBAS planet..my bad

Lunaria

Jesus fucking christ, stop double posting and at least ATTEMPT to have some form of respect for the written language.

Quietus

If you really want the original story, then play Redesign.  It's the exact same story as the original, just with all of the areas laid out differently.

And yes, most hacks remove the beginning segment with Ceres, primarily because we've seen it a thousand times, it no longer serves a purpose, and it doesn't really have any appeal.

kaicooepr

Crys

Jesus F christ? learn to respect ur jesus then talk..u mad bro?

Quietus

alright thanx brother...i think its better to play original first then i try hacks right?

Quietus

Yes, play the original game.  It will give you a basis to see what has been achieved by hack creators since then, and will better allow you to appreciate their achievements.

Vismund Cygnus

I can't tell if you're trolling or just an idiot, but I don't think you actually understand what a "hack" is.
The point of a hack is that it completely changes the game. It literally is not supposed to be the same game. Also the fact that you've never played the game before means you probably shouldn't be looking for hacks.

kaicooepr

im not trolling and not idiot brother
cus didint know Metroid hacks means totally diffrent from original

now i figured out

thanx guys

FPzero

man in a way aren't we all hacks of the first human

that shit's deep yo

theuprising

...WTH play the original Super Metroid first obviously...